I will be going to South America in October (starting in Bogota, then Leticia, Colombia, and then south to Los Nevados, before leaving Colombia to the south). I REALLY want to see Penguins I have heard that Humboldt's are in northern Chile and Peru, and that there are others up through Ecuador. My question is, are there any good places where Penguins are regularly seen along the MAINLAND coast of Ecuador (not Galapagos) or Peru? Are there any places in northern Chile without having to fly too far south? I would prefer seeing them on the mainland beach if possible, rather than having to get a boat tour due to time and cost. I had heard that there is a Humboldt Preserve in northern Chile and that Humboldts lay eggs in September-October. Are there locations along thee mainland cost here?
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 GMAIL ! Passwords Reset Contact $ 1888~260~2909 $ GMAIL Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 3 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 4 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 5 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018
- 6 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 7 Air Tickets to Peru Advice Needed
- 8 My trip report from Argentina
- 9 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 10 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 11 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 12 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 13 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 14 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 15 Private driver Mendoza?
- 16 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 17 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 18 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 19 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 20 Advice needed for Colombia
- 21 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 22 La Boca safety question
- 23 San Pedro de Atacama
- 24 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 25 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports