I am going to Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil next month. I was wondering if anyone knows if a portable weather radio will work in South America? I was concerned about flash floods, and the lahar/volcanic hazards in the Banos, Ecuador while I am there. I am aware that in the USA NOAA operates the airwaves, but I was wondering if their counterparts in these countries may operate similar programming on the same radio bands. I do speak Spanish beyond just simply "getting by" so stations being in Spanish is not a problem.
Thanks for any help!
Mike McGuire, New Jersey
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 2 Advise on first trip to South America
- 3 Visiting Bogota during layover at airport.
- 4 My trip report from Argentina
- 5 La Boca safety question
- 6 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 7 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 8 Airport transportation
- 9 estancias
- 10 Nuqui Colombia
- 11 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 12 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 13 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 14 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 15 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 16 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 17 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 18 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 19 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 20 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 21 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 22 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 23 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 24 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 25 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018