I am a 28 year old woman and am planning a 3 week trip to Buenos Aires, AR & to Cusco, Peru in Oct/Nov & will be traveling alone. I plan on taking some spanish courses during the week with a reputable school but will be exploring more of the cities on my own during the weekends and at night. I am not a virgin traveler, I moved to New Zealand when I was 20 yrs old by myself & also backpacked through Europe for a few months alone for a few months as well. I always felt like these were rather safe countries to travel alone though! Even though I have traveled before on my own, I have always been a little more timid about traveling in South America alone. Also my family & friends have also started to fill my head with all these horrible scenario's & it's really starting to worry me & I have actually been thinking about canceling my trip.
If there are any women out there that have traveled to South America alone, particularly through Argentina & Peru (Machu Picchu) could you please advise me on what your experiences were like and if you felt safe?! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am also looking for a good tour company to do a 2 day trek on the Inca Trail if you know of any as well! Thank you so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 2 My trip report from Argentina
- 3 La Boca safety question
- 4 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 5 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 6 Airport transportation
- 7 estancias
- 8 Nuqui Colombia
- 9 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 10 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 11 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 12 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 13 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 14 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 15 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 16 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 17 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 18 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 19 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 20 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 21 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 22 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 23 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018
- 24 Air Tickets to Peru Advice Needed
- 25 Advice on Chile itinerary