Hello Travel Experts!
We just booked our international tickets to Peru and I need some help planning my itinerary there. We're getting into Lima on June 28th and will be headed back to the US on July 7th. Here's what I have so far:
June 29th- morning flight to Puerto Maldonado - 3 nights in Refugio Amazonas
July 2nd - fly to Cucsco (afternoon flight) - 2 nights in Cusco (tues, wed nights)
July 4th (thu) - stay in olly (SV sights, Pisac)
July 5th (Fri) - early morning train to MP, spend day in MP, stay in Aguas calientes - Friday night
July 6th (Sat) - train back to Cusco. Spend last day and night relaxing in Cusco
July 7th (Sun) - early morning flight to Lima, intl flight back to US at 2:15 in the afternoon.
Couple of questions regarding this itinerary:
1. Does it make sense to spend 3 nights in PEM, or should I make it 2 nights and spend 1 extra day in the Cusco region?
2. With my current itinerary - I have 3 nights for Cusco - is that too much? Should I instead head back to Lima on July 6th Saturday and spend the day and night in Lima?
3. Is one night enough in Olly? I can also do 1 night in cusco, 2 nights in Olly, and then 1 night again in Cusco on the way back on Sat night?
Would love some feedback!!
By the way, we were thinking Refugio Amazonas for the rainforest stay - anyone have any feedback on that?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 2 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 3 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 4 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018
- 5 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 6 Air Tickets to Peru Advice Needed
- 7 My trip report from Argentina
- 8 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 9 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 10 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 11 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 12 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 13 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 14 Private driver Mendoza?
- 15 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 16 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 17 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 18 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 19 Advice needed for Colombia
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 La Boca safety question
- 22 San Pedro de Atacama
- 23 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 24 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 25 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
Hello Travel Experts!