My husband and I are going to Peru for a week in April. We are flying overnight from LA to Lima, arriving in the morning and catching a connecting flight to Cusco, arriving about 2pm.
I've contacted a driver/guide for our 4 days there. He will provide the airport transfer, 2 day tours and a transfer+sightseeing to Cusco. I'm looking for some feedback on our proposed itinerary.
This is the current plan:
Saturday- Arrive Cusco, transfer to Urubamba hotel late afternoon
Sunday- Sacred Valley tour; Ollantaytambo archeological site, Pisaq market and ruins.
Monday- Sacred Valley tour- Maras salt pans, Moray terraces, Chincheros town.
Tuesday- visit Machu Picchu
Wednesday-Transfer from hotel to Cusco, visiting Sacsayhuaman, Quenko , Pucapucara,
Tambomachay, Qoricancha ( temple of the Sun).
1. My reasoning behind visiting MP on a Tuesday is because I'd read Mondays at MP can be busy because most tourists visit the market towns on Sundays and Tuesdays. But because of this, we'd be visiting Chincheros on a Monday when there is no official market day. Is it worth it? I'd really wanted to see the market there. But we will also be at Pisac on Sunday.
2. Should I reorganize the itinerary to go to MP on Monday and do the Day 2 of SV on Tuesday?
3. I'm not sure how long each one of the SV sights takes to visit, but the guide is allowing for about a half day for each tour, returning us to our hotel "after lunch". Does that seem rushed? Part of me thinks so, but the other part wonders if due to altitude, I might welcome the opportunity to rest on those days in the afternoon.
I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 2 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 3 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 4 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 5 Some tips to get to MP.
- 6 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 7 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 8 Private driver Mendoza?
- 9 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 10 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 11 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 12 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 13 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 14 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 15 Advice needed for Colombia
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 La Boca safety question
- 18 San Pedro de Atacama
- 19 My trip report from Argentina
- 20 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 21 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 22 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 23 2 weeks in Colombia Itinerary help
- 24 Argentina (Chile?)
- 25 hotel selection Buenos Aires, Argentina