Juana M Buenos Aries Typical Dinner Prices?

Old Oct 17th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juana M Buenos Aries Typical Dinner Prices?

Several of you suggested that Juana M should be a restaurant to try. I looked at their menu and prices and have a question as I'm trying to decide how much US cash to bring.

How would you compare Juana M's to other restaurants concerning prices? To me it seems very reasonable and since it garnered several recs would like to know if it's considered inexpensive, expensive or middle of the road. Entrees seemed to be about $170, desserts $58, wine $100-150 on average. Is this what I should plan on for an average dinner? Know I don't want a huge or first class dinner everyday for 18 days.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 07:29 AM

Buenos AIRES ....

Juana M is very popular and the prices are good but keep in mind, prices change constantly in BA ..
TripAdvisor has a good Buenos Aires forum for that sort of question.
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 07:53 AM

I expect that the prices are quoted Argentine pesos, I think, not USD or CAD. We were there a few years back, and I think it was a moderate priced restaurant.
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 08:26 AM

Repeating myself: "I don't think much of Juana M".

I believe at least some of their food is pre-cooked. But it's a matter of taste....

http://www.juanam.com/juana-centro/menu

I imagine the above is where you got those prices. I'd say it is "middle of the road".

Dirt cheap by, for instance, NY standards, particularly if you take advantage of the "blue" rate of exchange.
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 09:29 AM

I didn't like it the first time we went so I never went back but there are so many well liked , good restaurants in town, it won't be hard to find good food. Just walking down the street in Palermo Soho or Palermo Hollywood you can find great places for dinner too.
Keep that in mind when in those areas , sightseeing ... look at menus and see what appeals to you.
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Just wondering if those would be considered as fairly average prices for dinner in Argentina. We have 9 meals that aren't included in tour and since it's advised to bring US dollars, I'm trying to figure a rough estimate of amount I should bring. Besides BA, we'll also be in Bariloche and Calafate and imagine prices may be a bit lower there. (?)

May or may not end up at Juana M, but trying to use it as a guide for figuring prices. Actually, I prefer small, local places to high end or "tourist" restaurants. Try to avoid the latter at all costs when traveling in the US. We almost always have our best, most memorable experiences at local spots here and abroard.
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 12:05 PM

For one person, if you take advantage of the "blue" rate of exchange, 200 dollars could well be enough for those 9 meals at "small, local places". In other words, dirt cheap by US standards.

We have dinner out almost every day at that kind of place and it costs us about 25 bucks for the two of us. But we usually share the main dish.

I would expect prices to be somewhat HIGHER in our South.

Don't miss the lamb at La Tablita in El Calafate http://tinyurl.com/nd7kv35
Old Oct 19th, 2015, 12:07 PM

When we visited BA the first time, we stayed in Recoleta and one of our first meals was at a place called Parilla Los Pinos .. Azcuénaga 1500,
so good and there is something for everyone if you have someone who only wants steak or someone who only wants pasta.
and it is totally casual and they are very patient and nice about visitors who can't speak Spanish : )
Old Oct 26th, 2015, 06:42 AM

avrooster ... do you find a big price difference in restaurants in the City compared to out where you live ?

I always imagined that the food would be less expensive and much fresher in some cases not being In the city of BA.