I am currently researching a trip for a potential travel grant. I'm a Spanish teacher and am interested in spending some time visiting the cities along the Río Paraná ... One of my grades studies landforms and I think it would be interesting to follow the river from Buenos Aires to Iguazú (I know the confluence is a bit downriver, but moving on...).
I was thinking of flying into BA and then taking buses: BA - Rosario - Santa Fe - Corrientes/Resistencia - Iguazú and then flying back to BA. Or, doing the opposite -- flying directly to Iguazu from BA and heading downriver.
1. First question is does it matter the order or would you have a preference?
2. Second question is how long would you recommend for this itinerary moving at a "reasonable" pace? Usually I like to travel for a longer period of time, but I will probably have a maximum of 2 weeks for this particular trip, including a couple of days in BA itself.
3. Third, if 2 weeks isn't long enough, which city would you leave out and why? They all seem to have interesting bits of Argentinean life and history...
Oh, I should say that this would have to take place in July or August. Would love to time with the Bienal de Esculturas in Resistencia if I'm able. I also had read about the missions in San Ignacio, or a day trip from Resistencia to the Chaco would be interesting.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact SBCGLOBAL Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 3 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 4 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 5 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 6 Some tips to get to MP.
- 7 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 8 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 9 Private driver Mendoza?
- 10 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 11 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 12 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 13 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 14 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 15 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 16 Advice needed for Colombia
- 17 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 18 La Boca safety question
- 19 San Pedro de Atacama
- 20 My trip report from Argentina
- 21 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 22 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 23 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 24 2 weeks in Colombia Itinerary help
- 25 Argentina (Chile?)