Notices

Itinerary help

Apr 1st, 2017, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary help

Hello, my name is Neel Joshi and I'm planning a one month (Dec 15 to Jan 15) trip to south America with my father. I'm 19 years old.

The countries we plan to include are Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, and Chile.

This is not exactly a budget travel trip, as we may be okay on spending on a few internal flights to save time.

Although it's 5 countries, there are few points I'd like to mention and ask.

In Brazil, I was interested in Rio itself. And In Bolivia, just the Salar de Uyuni.

Which would be the best place to celebrate NY? (I was thinking the Copacabana beaches of Brazil)
Which would be the best place to see the Amazon? (We can spare 3 days)

These are the places we wanted to visit and wished to plan around it, it will be of great help if you can aid us with our itinerary.

Chile' - Atacama Desert, Easter Island, San Rafael glacier, La Vega Market, Go whale watching in Francisco Coloane Marine Park.

'Peru' - Macchu Picchu. Don't think we will have time for the inca trail. can go to Cusco after that. Colca Canyon. huacachina (sand dunes).

'Ecuador' - Galapagos Islands. Banos (swing at the end of the world), Otavalo market, Quilotoa (Andean crater lake hike).

'Bolivia' - lake Titicaca, Salar de uyuni.

'Brazil' - Iguazu falls,Rio, Amazon?, Pantanal Wetlands.

Thank you so much in advance
Apr 1st, 2017, 07:08 AM

Think about what on your list interests you the most and focus on one or two countries. While a month is a good bit of time, you could also spend a month in each country. Keep in mind that Brazil, for example, is the size of continental United States.
Apr 1st, 2017, 10:16 PM

I really doubt you can do all of that. See if you can plan out a week each in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador. Maybe a few days for just Rio and Iguassu. Yes, probably Rio on NYE.

I think Chile will add too much time.

The easiest way to see the Amazon River is probably one of the Explorama 3 day 2 night visits, which start and end with flights from Lima, Peru. . There are also other "jungle" areas, if you go to Banos you can do a one or two day visit, but you won't see the Amazon River itself.
Apr 5th, 2017, 03:20 PM

"it will be of great help if you can aid us with our itinerary."

One month, one country (or at most parts of 2).

Search this Thread