Inka Wasi Disaster

Old Aug 14th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inka Wasi Disaster

I just returned from the 15 day South Peru Circuit offered by Inka Wasi Travel in Florida. While some parts of the tour were very good, there were several portions that were less than satisfactory. Upon arriving at Nazca at 10:00 pm on July 20/09, there was no one there to transfer us to the Cantayo Hotel. We waited and waited until everyone had left the bus station and still there was no transfer. We then took a taxi to the Cantayo hotel. The next morning we called the contact number for Alegria Tours and they said that they were at the bus station when the bus arrived. This was entirely untrue. They said that they would pick us up at the hotel and bring us to the airport for the flight over the Nazca lines. Again they failed to pick us up so we had to take a taxi. When we arrived at the airport, not a single airline had any record of Inka Wasi booking our flights for us. Four hours later we convinced an airline to book our flights and charge it to Alegria Tours. After the flight we took another taxi back to the Cantayo hotel. At the hotel, we contacted Alegria Tours again and they said that they would pick us up the next morning and transfer us to the bus station for the trip to Arequipa. Again no one showed up so we took a taxi and got to the bus station with 3 minutes to spare.

Fortunately we did not experience any more problems until we arrived at the Novotel Hotel in Cusco. There the hotel did not have any record of Inka Wasi booking our hotel room for the four nights we were staying there. They wanted to charge the rooms to my VISA card. After more than one hour, we convinced them that the rooms had already been paid for. When we checked out they wanted me to pay tax for the rooms. This was ridiculous. Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes, the contact person was a 12 year old child. Her mother was our contact person but she was too busy with another client. The child did not know what to do so we found out hotel on our own. Eight hours later her father showed up at the hotel with our passes for Machu Picchu. The idea of Inka Wasi sub-contracting each portion of the trip to local operators is fine; but Inka Wasi is ultimately responsible for the actions or inactions of each one. I contacted Flor at Inka Wasi in Florida with my concerns but she did not have the common courtesy to even respond. My recommendation is to get another tour operator rather than Inka Wasi if you are going to Peru. The true measure of a reputable tour operator is how they respond to correct problems when they occur.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM

What a terrible story! I'm so sorry you had so many problems during your vacation. Is there any way you could get some "compensation" from Inka Wasi? You should report them to the BBB at least! I would go on evey travel forum and post your story so no one else gets treated that way.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 01:22 AM

What an appaling experience. These people do not deserve to be in business.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 04:42 AM

Using an agent is supposed to take the hassle out of a trip, not add it. Inka Wasi needs to find a new local partner fast.
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 05:18 AM

Sorry for your negative experience

Lots of negative reviews on Inka Wasi not local

Always go with local providers well reviewed

on travel boards best for me...