Notices

Iguazu

May 24th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Iguazu

Questions regarding staying on the Brazil side of Iguazu Falls. I understand there is ONE hotel inside the park (Orient). It looks fabulous. 1. Do you have to pay a park entrance fee if you stay at this hotel? 2. How far is this hotel from the airport? 3. What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport and what does it cost?
May 24th, 2012, 06:50 PM

The hotel is known as the Hotel das Cataratas.
http://www.hoteldascataratas.com/web..._cataratas.jsp
1) Yes, I believe you do have to pay the park entrance fee.
2) The airport is not far from the park entrance. The town of Foz, with more hotel, restaurant/bar and shop choices, is well on the other side of the airport.
3) The local bus passes the airport on the way to the park entrance, or take a taxi. I used buses, so can't help with taxi prices.
May 28th, 2012, 04:11 AM

The Cataratas is good and - as you say - is the only hotel inside the National Park on the Brazilian side. BUT... for the same money you could stay in the Sheraon in the Argentinian National Park and actually have a view of the Falls from the hotel? Or you could save money and stay at somewhere like the Loi Suites which is fabulous and also within the Argentinian National Park, although it doesn't have the falls view...

Search this Thread