I am currently studying abroad in Ecuador, and brought along my cellphone from the United States (Sony Ericsson, T-mobile) to use. The phone is unlocked so it can be used in Ecuador and all that, but I am unsure as to what exactly my cell phone number is here. Do I omit the first 3 digits of my US cell phone number so that I am just left with the last 7 digits, and tack on 593-9 to the beginning of the number? I read that Ecuadorian cell phone numbers have 9 digits in the following format: 9?-???-????, but how does this work with my US number? For example, say my US number was 347-123-4567. If someone in Ecuador is calling me, what is my number?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapagos in May
- 2 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 3 Meal pricing
- 4 Best way to visit Machu Picchu
- 5 tango classes in BA for amateurs
- 6 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 7 Advise on first trip to South America
- 8 Visiting Bogota during layover at airport.
- 9 My trip report from Argentina
- 10 La Boca safety question
- 11 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 12 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 13 Airport transportation
- 14 estancias
- 15 Nuqui Colombia
- 16 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 17 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 18 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 19 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 20 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 21 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 22 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 23 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 24 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 25 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car