Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   South America (https://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/)
-   -   Hotel in Paraty/Angra dos Reis area, Brazil (https://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/hotel-in-paraty-angra-dos-reis-area-brazil-804459/)

BYoung4u2 Sep 3rd, 2009 04:38 PM

Hotel in Paraty/Angra dos Reis area, Brazil

We are finalizing a wonderfully planned three weeks in Brazil which will include Carnival in Rio. We will be staying in Paratay for a few days and then have another day prior to returning to Rio and returning to the U.S. Would appreciate any suggestions as to a place to stay between Paraty and Rio..somewhere along the beach. Realize that it is not that far to Rio but would rather stay out of town that last night. Thanks, Bob

qwovadis Sep 4th, 2009 01:59 PM

Pousada Guarana

gatinha Sep 4th, 2009 02:16 PM

Paraty has some wonderful pousadas-I´ve stayed at Pousada Do Ouro , Pousada Da Marquesa , Pousada od Porto-all very nice. These are colonial style houses converted into inns , all with a/c and wonderful breakfasts included.

Angra is also lovely-I´ve stayed at 2 resorts there- Hotel do Bosque and Eco Resort. These are also wonderful.

Have fun-Brazil is beautiful

In Paraty , eat at Merlin , O Mago...expensive , but soooo good.
Kim

BYoung4u2 Sep 7th, 2009 03:20 PM

Qwovadis/Kim...thanks so much for your suggestons. I will be contacting the places you recommended today...and will definitely check out the restaurants. Bob

gatinha Sep 7th, 2009 06:40 PM

One more suggestion for Parati...expensive , but voted as Barzil´s best pousada last year. I really want to stay there!

www.casaturquesa.com.br

Steverbradshaw Sep 15th, 2009 02:51 PM

If you are on a budget then this two Pousadas & Hostels should work out well for you. Good Value for Money and they are both in front of the Beach. Misti Chill Hostel and Geko Hostel Paraty. Both have privates and dorms. The atmosphere is great.

I think the sites are something like www.gekohostel.com and mistichill.com

cheers
Steve

lsok Sep 15th, 2009 03:47 PM

Can a couple in their early 60's--not backpacking, stay at one of these hostels and not be out of place?

Also- are toddlers welcome there?

Thanks

MarkCobb Sep 16th, 2009 06:30 AM

Geko Hostel and Misti chill Hostel are quiet beachfront hostels. Very cheap, they both offer pick-up. The staff is very nice and helpful.

carteludo Sep 24th, 2009 12:51 PM

I stayed at Misti Chill last New Year's Eve, Reveillon as the Brazilians call it. Cool place, its located on the Pontal beach and the staff is great.
And the official celebrations for the New Year were held there on Pontal. It was unique, with thousands of candles lit on little holes in the sand and on small floating paper boats. A truly magical experience.
I'd love to go to the Next FLIP, the international literature party, the staff at the hostel kept saying that it was a must.