i'm heading to Argentina from late October December 1st and wanted to spend my first two weeks trekking/hiking in the Patagonia -
last year i did the Annapurna base camp circuit in Nepal over 8 days (6-7 hours of walking a day) and wanted to up the ante this time around so have given myself 14 days, can you recommend high intensity treks/hikes that i could do consecutively over the 14 days?
I'd be keen to do the Torres del Paine W circuit but don't really know much else to do apart from this. i read you can complete this circuit over 5 days? which leaves me with 9 days spare. where could i go close to TDP?
Stunning scenery is a high priority as well.. but for any hiker/trekker i suppose that is a given
also i'd be keen to do this as cheaply as possible and so guided tours would preferably be avoided. I'd like to be able to walk independently like the ABC trail can be done if possible.
(I'll be taking film photographs and 16mm video footage of landscapes in the Patagonia and will be due in BsAs to complete an artist Residency program until the 1st of December)
thanks very much for your help
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 बहेलिया GMAIL EMAIL ☎ 1~888~260:2909 Password Reset Now ☎ GMAIL Tec*h
- 2 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 3 Galapagos: Land based visit + short cruise - opinions appreciated!
- 4 Advise on first trip to South America
- 5 Visiting Bogota during layover at airport.
- 6 My trip report from Argentina
- 7 La Boca safety question
- 8 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 9 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 10 Airport transportation
- 11 estancias
- 12 Nuqui Colombia
- 13 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 14 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 15 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 16 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 17 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 18 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 19 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 20 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 21 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 22 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 23 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 24 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 25 Chiloe in January - need input!
Help with 'visit argentina' pass & travel throughout patagonia