Green Taxi Lima Airport

Old Aug 7th, 2015, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green Taxi Lima Airport

I received this notice from the US Embassy in Lima:

Municipality of Callao has suspended TAXI GREEN service at Jorge Chavez International Airport in Lima at least through August 17, 2015. This action was taken based on a Peruvian National Police investigation of a June 30 robbery of an arriving passenger from the United States, as he was dropped off at his residence in Lima. The Police investigation revealed that the passenger’s TAXI GREEN driver was implicated as an accomplice in the robbery.

TAXI GREEN was one of three airport-authorized taxicab/remisse services operating at Jorge Chavez. The other two services are CMV and Mitsu. These two services remain authorized to operate at the airport and still have booking counters located within the arrival terminals of the airport.
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 01:31 PM

Hi Kay2, I saw this on Tripadvisor also.

One of the alternatives is taxidatum, which can be booked online and they speak English. Transfer to Miraflores is $20 or 55 soles. (Used them, great service).

Many hotels can arrange a pickup at the airport with drivers that they know to be reliable.

Other options mentioned on TA include Taxi Satelital and Uber, although not as English-friendly and you also need a phone that works in Peru.

The two remisse services are expensive.
Old Aug 8th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

I used taxidatum and agree they are great.
Also used hotel pickup that was reassuring, but slow, but I think all pickups at LIM can be slow because of the traffic.
Only used Green arranged by LAN when our flight was canceled.