My partner and I and our nearly-3-year-old son are staying at Hotel das Cataratas just on the Brazilian side for 5 days at the end of March. My partner loves fishing and it is his birthday while we are there. I wanted to organise some fishing - for a day or half day - but can't find much information on it. Perhaps because it's not the place for it! There is a company - Macuco Safaris - that offers fishing on the Itaipu Lake or Parana River. I've heard negative reviews on the Itaipu Lake experience (in terms of fishing) - in that you are very unlikely to see any fish let alone catch anything, although they build the hype around the peacock bass. Reviewers also imply the guides know nothing about fishing - this is more of an 'add on' to their other tours. So not really what I'm looking for. I've seen nothing on the Parana River in terms of fishing.
If anyone can offer any guidance on this - even if it's to say, don't bother! - that would be great as I really don't know what to do.
Additional info that might help - my partner is amateur and would need an expert guide. Also, we are staying in Buenos Aires for 5 days also but limited for time to do day trip...
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 KYOCERA PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACTKYOCERA Techh care
- 2 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 3 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 4 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 5 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 6 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 7 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 8 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018
- 9 Air Tickets to Peru Advice Needed
- 10 My trip report from Argentina
- 11 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 12 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 13 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 14 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 15 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 16 Private driver Mendoza?
- 17 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 18 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 19 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 20 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 21 Advice needed for Colombia
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 La Boca safety question
- 24 San Pedro de Atacama
- 25 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches