I'm starting to plan my first trip to South America and I'm in need of some help. I would love to have an entire month to travel, but alas I only have 16-17 days. I am fearful that I'm trying to fit in too much for 16 days.
Here's the info:
Who: late 20s/early 30s couple
What: explore city life, some biking/hiking, visit wineries, eat great food and relax on a beach for a couple of days.
When: last 2 weeks in November 2009
Where: Santiago, Central Coast winery, Valparaiso, Andes, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Jose Ignacio
Why: never been to South America and looking for great weather in November, interesting cultural experiences mixing outdoor adventures with great city life
How: fly into Santiago, bus/car ride over Andes to Mendoza, fly from Mendoza to Buenos Aires, ferry over to Uruguay/ferry back, and flight out of Buenos Aires
Here's a rough day to day itinerary:
central coast winery
Andes to Mendoza
Mendoza/flight to BA or Montevideo
Montevideo/ Jose Ignacio
Adding in Montevideo/Jose Ignacio is kinda messing up my plans, but my BF really wants a couple of day relaxing on a warm beach thrown in. Would it be easier to do a beach outside of BA? Will it even be warm enough in late Nov to enjoy beach life?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 AOL @ Password Recovery CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h 24\7
- 2 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 3 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 4 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 5 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 6 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 7 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018
- 8 Air Tickets to Peru Advice Needed
- 9 My trip report from Argentina
- 10 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 11 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 12 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 13 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 14 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 15 Private driver Mendoza?
- 16 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 17 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 18 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 19 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 20 Advice needed for Colombia
- 21 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 22 La Boca safety question
- 23 San Pedro de Atacama
- 24 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 25 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports