Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page > Do I need AC for Rio to BsAs late October?
Notices

Do I need AC for Rio to BsAs late October?

Sep 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Do I need AC for Rio to BsAs late October?

I grew up in England when anything over 70 was a heatwave. Although I've been living in central NC for decades, I still have trouble with the heat and humidity in the summer, and hibernate with the AC. I can handle a certain amount of heat, but not humidity. So, the second half of October I'll be staying in Rio, Puerto Iguazu, Montevideo, Colonia and BsAs. Will I need AC or can I get by with a ceiling fan? I'm leaning towards AC, but of course I will have more options if I don't need it.
Sep 18th, 2012, 09:54 AM

In Rio and at the falls, it will be late spring, moving into hot summer, and you may be happy you at least have the option to use the a.c. It is better also because of insects (esp. morning/evening flying mosquitos that may carry dengue)that enter if the windows are open as they might be with just a fan.
Sep 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Vida. Regretfully, that's the conclusion I've been reaching. And since I've already read about voracious mosquitoes in BsAs (and I'm a mosquito magnet), I'll be looking for AC in Uruguay and BsAs as well. Maybe when I get to Patagonia I'll be asking for heating instead!

Search this Thread