Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   South America (https://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/)
-   -   Cusco Hotel Suggestions (https://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/cusco-hotel-suggestions-1547441/)

chimes0709 Nov 20th, 2017 09:52 PM

Cusco Hotel Suggestions

Hey, my husband and I will spend 3 nights in Cusco after spending 3 nights in the Sacred Valley/MP area in January. I am very torn on hotel choices as there some to some really good options. Looking for something comfortable, characteristic, with good customer service, and availability of oxygen onsite. Don't want to be too far from the central area in the city. Anything within US$ 350 for 3 nights is great!

All prices below are in USD for a 3-night stay with breakfast. I've devoured the reviews for each across TA, Booking.com and Expedia. They are all exceptionally well rated and reviewed - nearly all are 4.5/5 and above. Need help on choosing the perfect comfort-price-service balance.

- Antigua Casona San Blas - Superior Room - $349.20
- Casa San Blas Boutique - Suite Apartment - $273
- El Balcon - Double Room with Balcony - $149
- Andenes al Cielo - Superior Double Room - $285
- Hotel Arqueologo Exclusive Selection - Duplex - $316

There's also the JW Marriott whose patio/restaurant/open areas I am digging but I am not a fan of cookie-cutter standard hotel rooms. That said, it gets extraordinary reviews so maybe I am missing something here. It fits the budget and I could potential stay here with my SPG points or at least get an upgrade (don't know how generous they are with upgrades for SPG Platinum members in that part of the world) but that's not the top criteria for selection - the overall feel of the place is!

Thanks!

JuanGonzales1234 Nov 21st, 2017 06:51 AM

The best hotel of your alternatives is tha last, Hotel arqueologo exclusive selection. Is recommended by many people. In booking.com will going to find more.

mlgb Nov 21st, 2017 08:50 AM

I've stayed at El Balcon and it is a fairly simple hotel but liked it (room on the top level). No view from room but from balcony. They are on a hill (at least with street access if you chose not to walk). The staff was limited English speaking at the time I stayed there but helpful Notet they do not have oxygen in the rooms. I wouldn't worry about that as a deciding facor. If you are having an emergency at night any hotel can assist you with bottled oxygen and a doctor.

Honestly if you have points I would go with the Marriott..check their photos online they may have some local flavor in the decor.

yestravel Nov 24th, 2017 10:33 AM

We had a nice stay at Casa San Blas.

Kathie Nov 24th, 2017 06:43 PM

We stayed at the JW Marriott. Nothing about the hotel or the rooms is cookie-cutter. Indeed, the rooms are quite different frorm each other. The lower sections of the hotel have walls of Incan stone work. And it is a very short walk to the main square. Great location, wonderful service.