Just did a search on the forum, didn't see anything recent in regards to cell phone and sim card use in Chile/South America. Looking for advice, thanks in advance.
Need to be reachable by phone (voice service) in Chile for two weeks, I've been told by Verizon that my Verizon/Android device can be used for wifi and texting but no voice service while in Chile.
SIM Card Only
I have never done the SIM card change with my device, any suggestions on that? Are those available in the airport upon arrival? Is there a particular kind/brand to get? Tips and tricks on how to buy? Pitfalls?
Cheap phone and SIM card
I read a couple of European cell phone use threads where people buy cheap phones in the US and then get SIM cards upon arrival. Anyone experience hiccups with that approach in South America? Any other tips and tricks there?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 AOL @ PASSWORD Reset CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 2 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 3 Advise on first trip to South America
- 4 Visiting Bogota during layover at airport.
- 5 From Argentina to Antarctica: The Ultimate Expedition
- 6 My trip report from Argentina
- 7 La Boca safety question
- 8 Visiting Iguazu Falls
- 9 Lodging Recommendations for Buenos Aires and Mendoza
- 10 Airport transportation
- 11 estancias
- 12 Nuqui Colombia
- 13 Santiago to Valparaiso
- 14 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 15 9 days in Chile & Bolivia
- 16 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 17 Bariloche or Villa La Angostura in Argentina Lake District
- 18 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 19 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 20 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 21 US to Argentina Nov 28, passport expires March 7, 2018
- 22 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 23 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 24 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 25 Chiloe in January - need input!