Buenos Aires Private Guides

Old Oct 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buenos Aires Private Guides

Hi All,

We have two days in Buenos Aires in December (off cruise ship). Any recommendations for a private tour guide you have used, or other way to see city sights without a large group? Suggestions appreciated. Thank you,

Eileen
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM

YES, I certainly do have a highly respected and reputable guide who I wholeheartely and enthusiastically recommend. He's Marcelo Mansilla at www.ciceroneba.com.ar, [email protected]. Go to his site; then send him an email.

Marcelo was my guide on many a day and evening in the beautiful "Paris of the South," Buenos Aires in October of 2007, and from this day I shall always remember his graciousness and warmth and expertise.

Prior to my going to his native city, I sent him an email with my contact information; he in turn wrote back and asked about my interests. When I was ending my special tour, he and I met for dinner, arranged (collaboratively) my itinerary during my stay, and it was all UP HILL from there.

With his reasonable fee, his superb, professional skills, his interests in his client/s, and his knowledge of his culture and history, I can truly state that Marcelo definitely enhanced my stay in Buenos Aires and would do likewise to and for other visitors .

Although I have yet to write on my own volition about Marcelo in INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL NEWS (ITN), something that I had promised him-- I have recommended his services to others who have taken me upon the recommendation. They have been mighty satisfied!

I hope to be in Buenos Aires sometime in 2010; I plan to contact Marcelo!!
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion regarding Buenos Aires guide. We will certainly check him out.
Eileen
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 04:41 AM

Carla at www.buenosaireshistorico.com is another excellent private guide. She is very knowledgeable about the history and culture of Argentina. Her fees are quite reasonable.
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 06:26 AM

The Cicerones Organization is wonderful.. and free.
You tell them what you are interested in seeing and they do the rest.

http://www.cicerones.org.ar/index_eng.php?newLang=eng