Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page > Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November

Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November

Jul 24th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Original Poster
Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November

My friend and I are ending our 2+ week Argentina with a touch of Chile trip with 4 days in BA. It's the first time for both of us and I've been centering my search on the Recoleta area. A couple of hotels on my list have already sold out so I'd like to nail this down soon. Our budget is under $250 per night.

Melia Recoleta Plaza Hotel, Standard room
Hotel Club Frances, Superior room
CasaSur Recoleta, Twin with balcony
ARC Recoleta Boutique Hotel & Spa, Superior with balcony
Sileo Hotel, Deluxe with balcony

The ARC and Sileo are far less expensive than the others. The sizes of room range from 323 sq ft to 431 sq feet. Important to us are good WIFI, good breakfast preferably with eggs, nice common lounge or outdoor terrace to have a drink and easy walk to some good restaurants.

Thank you!
Aug 10th, 2017, 09:35 AM
The Sileo is lovely. We stayed there when we moved out of our home in Recoleta .. so I think we were there almost 10 days ..

Melia and CasaSur are nice, visitors stayed there over the years we lived there .. in Recoleta, good areas ...
Aug 10th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Breakfast in the hotels that I have stayed in , in BA offer a pot of coffee and sometimes a medialuna (croissant) .. don't expect more than that .. and be surprised if you get more than that : )

What you want to do is this .... wake up, get that cup of coffee in you, dress and leave the room.
Go to Cafe Biela, sit down inside where it is air conditioned and very nice and order a nice big breakfast or sit outside where it might be warm but it will still be nice, and order breakfast.

*We had a Standard Poodle and the Cafe Biela waiters loved him. We would sit outside and have coffee and medialunas and sure enough, a waiter or two would come by, say hello to us, spend the next few minutes talking to the dog and leaving him with a snack .. just for him. . I think I loved all the waiters in Buenos Aires lol *

Search this Thread