Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page >

Brazilian Beach Resort Similar to Natal - Any Suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to find a beach resort in Brazil similar to Natal which I visited not too long ago and found to be great!!! I've already visited Rio and Fortaleza as well. I did day-trips to the beaches in the area surrounding Fortaleza. I found Natal to be very pretty, clean, safe, reasonably-priced and welcoming. Can anyone suggest someplace similar in Brazil or even elsewhere in South America that would fit the bill? If elsewhere in SA, I've also been to Punta del Este in Uruguay.

Thanks in asvance.

Ross
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM

Hi,
If your looking for clean, safe and welcoming then try the crazy beach of Canoa Quebrada 90miles south of Fortaleza. I wrote a review here at Frodor's.
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Amil. Canoa Quebrada is one of the beaches that I visited when I was in Fortaleza. It is very pretty that is true.

Ross
Old Jun 10th, 2009, 06:39 PM

We just returned a few weeks ago from Maceio, in Alagoas State, in the North East. We loved it and highly recommend the area. It is now "booming," more or less, but still pretty unknown outside of Brasil, though it does receive a good number of Italian tourists. Many day trips, incredible beaches, blue water, great food. Inexpensive generally. The Brasilian magazine, Veja, has on its website a link and description for hotels and restaurants and beaches three. Its in Portuguese, as is most of the info you will find on the area.

Yet, the tops was the time we spent at Pousada do Toque, about 90 mins north of Maceo. Voted one of the top pousadas in Brasil. It was simply outstanding. Ranks up there with Bali. Let me know if you want/need more info. Both areas are very safe. Maceio has good air connections to Sao Paulo, Recife and Rio.
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 05:31 AM

I would suggest Trancoso. There are plenty of options. One great Pousada with a wonderful host would be Pousada Etnia.
You can read about it on my blog:
http://www.southamericanescapes.com/blog/?p=92

Andre is the owner and host there - and he really knows how to treat his guests. He will make you feel like you are visiting friends or family and you will want to return again and again.

Trancoso has a wonderful little village square called the "Quadrado" where you can enjoy music and small cafes/restaurants in the evening.