Headed to Brazil June 8. Booked my airline ticket towards the end of last month, but I have yet to take care of my visa. My understanding is that you can obtain visas 2 ways
1) Brazil Consulate
Here in Los Angeles, the consulate is in Beverly Hills. I need to schedule an appointment online and have all of my materials prepared and ready (passport, pictures, applications, USPS money order, copy of DL, copy of itinerary in and out of country, etc), but ONLY via online appointment. Turnaround time is about 5 business days. Because the hours are limited M-F, and with June and July/World Cup approaching, it looks like the soonest I can book reserve an appointment is... June 5?
2) Visa Agency
Essentially, I pay a premium, around $50-$80 USD plus some absentee fees and an agency will help facilitate this process. My cousin who I am traveling with decided to do this route (successfully too) because he would lose out on money taking the day off from work.
-Is my understanding correct?
-Anyone with similar/related experience?
-Would anyone recommend an Agency route because my time is limited?
-Should I keep checking the Brazil Consulate website for appointment openings?
Any and all help is extremely appreciated.
Much love and respect,
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 2 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 3 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 4 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 5 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 6 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 7 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 8 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 9 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 10 Advice needed for Colombia
- 11 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 12 La Boca safety question
- 13 San Pedro de Atacama
- 14 My trip report from Argentina
- 15 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 16 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 17 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 18 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 19 2 weeks in Colombia Itinerary help
- 20 Argentina (Chile?)
- 21 hotel selection Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 22 Patagonia-thoughts on my 24 night schedule?
- 23 Argentina in January
- 24 hotel selection Santiago/Valparaiso Chile
- 25 Perito Moreno best tour and hotel