Reload this Page >

Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed

Notices

Old Aug 12th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have experience using the following booking sites: Hotelpower.com, Bookairfare.com, and Flightnetwork.com. I have read reviews and it looks like all the negatives come when people change or cancel flights.
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 09:15 PM

Not familiar with any.

I always book direct with airlines. For hotels either direct or a major 3rd party eg expedia, priceline, hotels.com, booking.com. Sites like kayak etc for price research.
Old Aug 13th, 2016, 01:37 AM

As said above, I would book directly with the airlines or hotels, using the search engines to find out availability and cost.
Old Aug 13th, 2016, 07:07 AM

Received 32 Likes on 7 Posts
Why do you need a 3rd party booking site -- especially ones most people haven't heard of?

Book w/ the airlines and through the hotels themselves (or possibly through a well known site like booking.com )
Old Aug 13th, 2016, 10:17 AM

And, if you find a better price on these websites, it's likely to be nonrefundable and possibly with an added "service fee". So be sure to read all the details and look at the final price.

If you join hotel loyalty programs sometimes you'll find a better price than shows up on the search engines, or you'll be able to get the prepaid price with no cancel penalty (Ibis does this).
Old Aug 13th, 2016, 03:16 PM

I book a lot of hotels and almost always use booking.com. User friendly, efficient and, more often than not achieves the best rates for hotels. As a regular user, I can get many hotels at a 10% plus discount on their already good rates. Most rates are refundable until 24 hours prior to departure. Why bother using sites people have never heard of?

I am also an Accor member which covers Ibis, Sofitel, Novotel. Pullman, McGallery and many more. Loads of benefits and point and a best rate guarantee.

Flights I always book direct using a cc. I use Kayak to determine best fares and routes but even that doesn't always yield perfect results - a good initial guide.

If the sites you mention offer rates that seem to good to be true, they probably are..
Old Aug 13th, 2016, 05:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 7 Posts
>>I book a lot of hotels and almost always use booking.com.
Old Aug 13th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Prices I am getting on these sights are prices I saw 2 weeks ago on major sites and direct with Airlines. The majors have all seemed to go up! Booking flight direct and hotel direct is about $500 more than a package together on Expedia. So separate does not make any sense to do.
Old Aug 14th, 2016, 11:11 AM

I would be okay with using Expedia. You might also look at whether those vacation package prices can be had by using Auto club, Costco, or any other reputable travel agent. Also are they all prepaid nonrefundable, based on two people traveling together, and inclusive of all fees and taxes?

I just don't know anything about those first three you mentioned.