Search

BA Is Even Better The Second Time Around

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Is Even Better The Second Time Around

After a grueling 30 hours of travel, we arrived at our loft apartment in

Palermo Alto. We are very comfortable in this neighbourhood. Thank you Scarlett for checking out the area.

We have a bakery on the ground floor of our apartment building.

There are 3 green grocers within one block, a laundry across the street, a helado shop on one corner & the venerable Cafe Martinez on the other corner.

Camila Confiteria is only half a block away. I am already in love with their vegetable tartas. Especially, the squash & cheese and the chard and cheese ones. Truly delicious!

We both feel so relaxed as we know our way around for walking, buses, and subway.

The weather has been perfect since our arrival Wednesday. Lots of sunshine with a cooling breeze.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM

When you post your trip report, please list the apartment for our reference for our next trip.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Leburta: If, you book this apartment be sure to do so months in advance if, certain dates are required. It is very popular! Right now, it is booking into October. There are a few weeks left in March & July. Not everything the owner says about the apartment in his advert is accurate. But, it is still a great apartment.

If, you have any questions about the apartment, please, feel free to ask.

http://www.vrbo.com/248821
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 06:16 AM

Good for you, Condu, the apartment is lovely - and in one of the best neighborhoods to locate, IMO. I notice the kitchen is great - so you will be happily expressing your culinary skills.

What were the differences that you and your DH found between the photos - or the description - and the reality of the apartment ?

Enjoy every minute there.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

The differences were that the ad said there was a single pull out bed with a mattress in the couch. Not so. Luckily, the couch is long enough to provide a second bed.

Also, we were told in emails that we would have a maid once a week. When, we arrived, the representative told us we would have to pay for the maid. We called the owner, immediately. He said that we could have a maid. The representative said that she would hire a maid. But, we would have to buy cleaning supplies, pay for the laundry services, & be here to let the maid in & out of the apartment.LOL!!! I decided I would rather clean the apt. myself & the laundry is just across the street.

The apartment is in Alto Palermo, not Barrio Norte. We prefer this location & we love our apartment.

Yes, I have been having fun it the kitchen.