We are starting to plan a three-week trip to Northern Brazil in 2015 and need some help getting a handle on realistically how much we can see. We are experienced travelers in our 60s.
We have been to Brazil two other times and are therefore focusing on the Amazon River area, ending up somewhere on a nice swimming beach for 5-7 days.
In my preliminary reading, it sounds like May is a good time to visit but we are flexible.
We are open to a several-night river cruise, suggestions for visiting places such as Fortaleza/Pipa, Fernando de Noronha and whichever other cities such as Belém, Santarém, etc. might be worth a peek. (It sounds like we might have to see Manaus transportation wise, but I am not positive that’s the case.)
Any input that would help us create a manageable itinerary would be most welcome. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 AVAST $ renewal Contact $ 1800~681 7208 $ AVAST Tec*h care 24*7
- 2 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 3 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 4 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 5 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 6 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 7 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 8 Some tips to get to MP.
- 9 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 10 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 11 Private driver Mendoza?
- 12 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 13 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 14 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 15 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 16 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 17 Advice needed for Colombia
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 La Boca safety question
- 20 San Pedro de Atacama
- 21 My trip report from Argentina
- 22 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 23 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 24 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails
- 25 2 weeks in Colombia Itinerary help
Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?