aerolineas airlines impossible to work with

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a warning--we purchased internal flights from Aerolineas, the outbound date was corrupted. I have spent an entire day trying to reach their call center. In most instances I get a message in Spanish and they hang up. Twice I was connected to a live person, but despite the fact that I followed their directions on which number to press for changes, I have been connected with their "sales" department. Both times the person has refused to help, despite requests that they put me in touch with a supervisor.
FYI, it is also impossible to change tickets via the website.

This is abominable service. Buyer beware.
Old Oct 29th, 2014, 01:03 PM

So, what's new? We have been suggesting trying to avoid Aerolíneas, if possible, for YEARS.

Just a couple of the latest examples:

http://www.fodors.com/community/sout...argentinas.cfm

http://www.fodors.com/community/sout...ntina-pass.cfm

nantravel: I MAY be able to help from here. Were you able to change the date on your ticket?

If not, e-mail me to albertovgalloATyahoo.com and I'll see what I can do for you.

Have a great time in my country, at 40% off and avoiding Aerolíneas, if at all possible.
Old Oct 29th, 2014, 02:23 PM

I have to report that LAN is often not much better, especially when they are at fault (like the first leg of your multi-flight itinerary is cancelled and you booked it online). No one wants to help.

Although American Airlines has the sh*tty planes, at least you can deal with their reservations people. Sometimes you can even get AA to rebook you onto the nonstop flight that LAN refused to put you on...
Old Nov 4th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Hi Avrooster,
thanks for the offer--I haven't been here for a few days as work (doggone it intruded.
We ended up getting AMEX to intervene. Long story.

migb, I figured it would be wiser to stay with AA for the flight to/from BA; so paid more for that. But thanks all for the input.

If anyone reads this--I have found it impossible to get the reciprocity site that the argentine gov't has on their website to come up. Should I just go ahead and pay one of these brokers the $20 to take care of each of our fees?

Thanks to all for advice!!
Old Nov 6th, 2014, 03:08 AM

Hi, nantravel!

Our bureaucracy is SO bad they even manage to make it complicated for people to PAY them!

I know of people who had no problem at all paying the reciprocity fee, while others had A LOT of trouble doing so.

On http://tinyurl.com/nw9f4 there are many threads on the subject.

I'm rather computer ignorant, but it could be a problem with your browser. Could you try with a different browser?

Here they are supposed to tell you how to pay:

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/

Have a great time in my country.