55 Minute Layover possible at AEP?

Feb 9th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

55 Minute Layover possible at AEP?

I am looking at flight from IGR to SLA, it is with Norwegian and there is only a 55 minute layover between flights. Is that doable? Please advise. Thank you.
Feb 9th, 2019, 04:44 PM

AEP is a small airport so easier in that sense. However, if you have checked baggage it is probably too tight. Domestic flights in Argentina are often late for one reason or another. Baggage is slow coming off the plane. Is it the sane airline for both flights? If so, they can give you your boarding pass for the second flight which helps. But there is still bag drop, security. One and a half hours is a safer connection time. 55 minutes is too tight.
Feb 10th, 2019, 06:24 AM

I have been looking at Norwegian’s new routes in Argentina for a possible return trip later in the year and assume that you are on the same ticket. This is what it says on their website:

"Norwegian brings both you and your baggage through to your final destination.
If you are travelling from abroad to a domestic destination, remember customs clearance of baggage.”

As you will be booked on the same ticket it is the airline's responsibility to get you there. if you have checked bags then they really aren’t going to want to leave without you as they would then have to unload your bags.

I have had similar length layovers with many airlines over the years and have not had problems. on the other hand if, by chance you are not on the same ticket, there is no way I would risk it.
Feb 10th, 2019, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your input. I donít think Iíll risk it, as we have an elderly family member and donít want to have to rush her.