We will be visiting the Salta area next October as part of a 3 weeks around Argentina. I'm counting:
1 day Salta
2 day quebrada de Humahuaca (staying either in Tilcara or Humahuaca)
2 days Salta-Cafayate, by way of Cachi.
1 day Cafayate-Salta, by way of quebrada de las conchas
Now that is already 6 days, and I would like to have a little time in Cafayate. I also have the Quilmes ruins south of Cafayate on my list, which I figure would be half a day trip from cafayate.
So with an extra day in Cafayate, that brings me to 7 days.
Any ways I can trim 1-2 days off that itinerary? My preference would probably be to remove the Calchiques villages, but then I have to spend a day driving back to Salta along the quebrada de las conchas, a road I already took. The ideal was if I could fly out of cafayate, but I understand I would have to drive to Tucuma for that, and it's the same time as going back to Salta (if not longer)
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 2 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 3 Preliminary thoughts -- Peru and a bit of Bolivia?
- 4 Valparaiso Hotels - January 2018
- 5 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 6 Air Tickets to Peru Advice Needed
- 7 My trip report from Argentina
- 8 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 9 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 10 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 11 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 12 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 13 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 14 Private driver Mendoza?
- 15 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 16 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 17 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 18 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 19 Advice needed for Colombia
- 20 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 21 La Boca safety question
- 22 San Pedro de Atacama
- 23 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 24 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 25 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa