Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   South America (https://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/)
-   -   3 months in Buenos Aires (https://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/3-months-in-buenos-aires-825177/)

KC255 Feb 5th, 2010 04:02 PM

3 months in Buenos Aires

My wife and I are considering renting an apartment in BA for 3 months. Our biggest concern is finding enough to do for the 3 month period of time. 3 months in BA versus possibly 3 months in Europe which would be another option. Any suggestions?

crellston Feb 6th, 2010 12:50 AM

We spent 3 months in Argentina including one month in BA. Much as I loved the city I felt one month was plenty. IMHO three months in any city would be too much. Argentina is a vast and beautiful country with loads to keep your interest for 3 months as long as you are prepared to get out of the capital. Depending upon how adventurous you are, you could even factor in some time in other South American countries. Peru, Chile and Bolivia are all worth consideration

soulskier Feb 6th, 2010 05:42 AM

From BA, you can jump on a plane and go to many of the great spots throughout Argentina for a trip. Wine country, NW, The Falls, Patagonia (north and south), the Atlantic Coast are all worthy excursions.

Giovanna Feb 6th, 2010 08:31 AM

As much as we love Europe, South America has become our favorite destination. We recently visited Santiago, Chile, and Montevideo, Uruguay, for the first time and were very impressed with both cities. We visited Buenos Aires four years ago and ended our trip there for three days. It's a wonderful city. If we had three months to spend in either Europe or South America, our choice would be Argentina, Uruguay, Chile. We are very interested in going to Brazil as well.

condu Feb 7th, 2010 09:51 AM

We are currently renting an apartment for a month in BA.
We have one week left of our holiday. I had wanted to come
for six weeks.. my husband thought that it might be too long.
I am sorry that I didn't insist as we have so much more that
we want to do that we won't have time for.

If, I had the luxury of three months in Argentina, I would book
the apartment that we are currently staying for the full three months. I would take excursions to other parts of Argentina returning each time to BA to continue to enjoy this vibrant city.

I can not imagine ever feeling bored in BA!

MarnieWDC Feb 7th, 2010 12:01 PM

Oh Condu, so glad you and DH are really enjoying your weeks in BsAs. Will you be writing a trip report ? Can you give the particulars (reference) on your Palermo Apartment ? Hw was Iguazzu and what have been your highlights ?

Asta Luego,
~Marnie

condu Feb 7th, 2010 05:20 PM

Hola Marnie WDC
I will write a very comprehensive trip report when I return home.
I do not want to spend my precious time in BA on the computer writing reports.
I will give the info on my apartment as part of my report.
If, you need any info before that you know how to reach me. :)

Hasta pronto,
Condu

jamesg30 Feb 12th, 2010 06:41 AM

Hi kc255

Jealous to hear you´re going to BA! how exciting, such a cool place. I completely agree with condu, you´ll never run out of things to do in BA. I´ve just left after spending 6 weeks at a spanish school staying with a host family and learning how to tango. in my opinion it is essential to learn both to help fully embrace the culture.

as for 3 months in BA vs 3 months in eurpoe i cant express enough how great BA is. of course europe is good but Argentina esp BA is so unique in so many ways; culture, dress, people, food ah i could go on.

the staff and people at the school i spent my time at were really cool, its called amauta spanish school. i booked all my stuff online before i left so i guess just look them up on google.

so in summary i stress...tango y español!

hope this helps all the best

adifferentvista Feb 12th, 2010 01:04 PM

Condu, I would love to know the specifics of your apt. We're going to be in BA for 2 weeks and want to rent one and would appreciate a recommendation. Would you share?

condu Feb 12th, 2010 02:14 PM

I don't mind sharing. I rented our apartment from ByTArgentina. It is on
Ugarteche in Palermo Botanico. Put this info in your web search.
If, you can't find it. Let me know & I will try to get more info.

condu Feb 12th, 2010 02:17 PM

jamesg30, if you follow your passions where ever you go, it will feel like you are home!

adifferentvista Feb 18th, 2010 03:36 PM

Condu, Thanks for the info on the apt. There are many on Ugarteche in Palermo Botanico. What is the cross street? Thanks again. Really appreciate your recommendation.