Notices

15 Days in Brazil Itinerary help!

Apr 30th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

15 Days in Brazil Itinerary help!

My friend and I are planning on going to Brazil in June for 15 days. We are flying into Sao Paulo and plan on spending a night or two there. We also are planning on going to Rio and would like to do some adventure activities and see the Amazon. I've read a lot about the Pantanal as well, is this more recommended than the Amazon via Manaus? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We are trying to figure out how to structure our trip and what places are essential to visit! Thanks!
May 1st, 2011, 01:41 AM

Hi,

my friend and I did a trip to Brazil as part of a wider South American itinerary last year. We spent time in both North and South Pantanal which was a highlight of our 8 week trip, enjoyed Iguazu Falls and were pleased to have seen the sights of Rio.

Brazil is a big country and you need to factor travel time into your itinerary. If you're flying into Sao Paulo its possible to fly on to Campo Grande and access one of the fazendas from there - Barranco Alto, San Francisco and Ilha Grande seem to receive consistent reviews. Alternatively, you could fly Sao Paulo-Cuiaba and access the Northern Pantanal, lodges like Rio Clara and Araras arrange transfers.

Manaus is a long way from anywhere and the flights plus transfers to lodges deep within the rainforest for an authentic experience can take 2-4 days out of your itinerary. Cristalino Lodge http://www.cristalinolodge.com.br/ provides an Amazon sanctuary experience.

You could do Rio either at the beginning or end of your trip.

Happy planning,

Pol
May 1st, 2011, 11:44 AM

If you don't get much response here, suggest you go to "the other board". It's got a very active local Brazilian membership who are very happy to opine.

Search this Thread