Reload this Page >

Stellarossa: You Should Know Better

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 12:50 PM
Mezzaluna

Come on Tony, you've frequented the Fodor's forums long enough to realize that overwhelming the board with your multiple questions and multiple posts is a no-no. Very inconsiderate to those who post and have their questions shoved to the third page within a hour because of all your posts.

In addition, as we know you are a would-be travel author, I'm sure you realize that you should be conducting your OWN research instead of asking everyone to do it for you.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 12:57 PM
Laurie

Ditto, and you are a lazy bigot to boot.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:06 PM
Cindy

I'll stick my neck out just far enough to say I don't entirely agree, Mezzaluna. Tony's questions are valid travel questions, his headings are specific, and there were only around 5 or 6 that I saw. Also, the destinations are sufficiently unusual that good info might be hard to come by, and asking travel questions is supposed to be the whole point of the board, anyway. With all of the repetitive pro- and anti-Dubya postings, it's hard to get too upset with Tony.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:21 PM
JJ

I agree Mezz.

Tony has made it known on this board that he intends to write a book about his travel experiences in the U.S. Good travel authors, in fact, good authors of any kind, do their OWN research. And you may only see four or five of his headings on the front page now, but go on to the next few pages. Posting that many separate questions headings all at once is rude and inconsiderate. If he was a travel agent or business owner pulling that stunt, Fodorites here would jump down his throat for doing that.

But then again, what else do expect of the guy? Rude and inconsiderate are his middle names, as he's proven a number of times here.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:22 PM
Tony Hughes

A lazy bigot? Nice one! Can't exactly see where that came from, though?

Would it be ok to post one a day for 6 days then? Ha ha.

Middlemoon, I've got a 3 month trip coming up, thus I've got many queries. If I was travelling for two weeks I wouldnt as as many.

Laurie, what did I ever do to you to deserve that? John Lydon (formally known as Johnny Rotten) said in his biography that he knew he was doing something right when people got upset. You know perfectly well I always title my postings so if you dont wish to look at them you dont have to. You're being mean and for that you not getting any of my peanut butter cups that I was planning to hand around.

thanks for the support, both of you.

Cindy, I wont let the buggers grind me down!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:29 PM
Tony Hughes

JJ - I suppose you expect a rude reply from me, yes? Too bad, hon.

Actually I've done bucketloads of research but the one thing I cant get from books is a personal, unbiased opinion.

If you've got something more interesting to say then let's hear it.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:42 PM
Tiny

So you can't travel unless someone else has held your hand and paved the way for you Tony? What an adventurer.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that your multiple postings are rude to everyone else on the board. Typical Tony, never a "mea culpa" only more antagonistic rudeness. Here's a tip for you, for Mr. Wannabe American: that kind of attitude and demeanor will never help you secure or retain a job in the service-oriented U.S., no matter how you managed to get there. Consider developing an "attitude adjustment" before applying for your green card.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:48 PM
Jill

I don't find Tony's multiple postings offensive at all, in fact I think he is smart in phrasing his various questions the way he did. If he simply said "Got Questions about US Travel" and then listed them in the post I doubt if he would have gotten many, particularly since his questions relate to many different areas of the U.S. You may be able to help on CA but not on Oregon, etc. I enjoy Tony's posts on the Europe Forum, give the guy a break over here!!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:54 PM
Tony Hughes

Who mentioned adventurer. I'm not asking anyone to hold my hand, Tim, I was looking for helpful info. Why wait until you're there to find out that we CANT go over the Donner Pass because we dont have snow chains, why not ask now? Makes sense, n'est ce pas?

I had a number of questions to ask and I asked them. If people thought I was being rude then they would not have replied.

If I'm such a nasty piece of work, why will I be staying with people (all fodorites by the way) in Ohio, Tennessee, Arizona, California, Nevada, British Columbia, Iowa, Virginia and New york State?

jealousy comes in many forms, I'm starting to see that.

Do email me privately if you wish to continue this, yeah?

Tony

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:06 PM
SharonM

It's all ok with me as long as I get my peanut butter cup and a copy of the book!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:08 PM
Mezzaluna

No no, Tiny, I beg to differ. Based on his comments within this forum, I would venture to predict that long before his U.S. employer would have the opportunity to counsel, reprimand, and probably terminate him for chronic rudeness and attitude problems, he will have been named a defendant (along with his employer) in a sexual harassment lawsuit.

And yes, if you'd like to be harassed via e-mail, be sure to give Tony your address! He'll be only too happy to spew his venom directly to YOU via his ISP!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:19 PM
John

Geez, lighten up, people! And anyway, when's the last time on this forum anybody asked about Compton, ferpetessake? What's next, City of Industry?

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:19 PM
HoneyBee

Mezzaluna, LOL!!!!! Can you imagine working in an office with a someone as defiant and belligerent as Stellarossa? What a nightmare!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:29 PM
Sam

Just read this, and although I'm not very familiar with Tony's previous posts, I can say that I have seen others chastised for this very same thing. The name Beth Marceil comes to mind, along with MauiHeidi.

I think we just all create the rules of common courtesy here ourselves, and whenever posters have gone a little overboard with excessive posting, others have commented about it. If that "rule" applies for one, travel agent or not, then it should apply for all.

It's a bit abusive to our host and its fellow guests to plaster them with your various topics, IMO. Perhaps one question one day, then another the next, and so on (?) may work.

Have a nice trip Tony.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:41 PM
Tony Hughes

Comments about my frequent postings (7 in the last 6 months - I really should get out more) are all well and fine but I think you're stepping over the line with this sexual harassment stuff etc.

Oh and if Fodors tell me to stop posting (they can email me, you see!) in lumps then I will.

Sam - you made your point well. I dont agree with you however but that happens and I certainly will enjoy the whole trip.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:52 PM
Gene

And some think you're a rude jerk Stellarossa. There, you see? Everyone has an opinion, HON!

TTFN SugarBritches!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 03:02 PM
Tony Hughes

Actually SugarBritches sounds like a compliment, I'm well chuffed!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 03:13 PM
Jim

You're right Mezzaluna. That attitude of Tony's, like the comment above, would very likely see him in a U.S. court defending his harassing behavior and comments. No stretch of the imagination needed on that one.

Tony, you'll probably make some female employees very wealthy and some poor shmuck of an employer very angry.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 03:17 PM
bookie

Place your bets people! Who wants the longshot odds that Stellarossa will NOT post here again in order to have the last word on everything? Who will bet that an egomaniac like Tony will exert self-control and not allow others to push his buttons and continue posting ad nauseum?

Any takers on the veerrrrry long odds that Stellarossa will be able to resist having the last word? Place your bets?

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 03:39 PM
Lori

I have been steaming about all the posts by one person, too! I counted 8 that were in the first batch of posts- yes, I noticed. I generally get steamed when someone posts a bunch of closely related topics at one time ("best hotel pool in vegas?" "best hotel without kids in vegas?" "entertainment in vegas?" "cheap eats in vegas?") so don't mind me.

BTW, the Vegas questions, though all great questions, could probably be combined into one general Vegas query - or, yes, a little research could help the curious help answer his own questions. I hate feeling like someone wants me to plan their entire vacation for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -