Search

Suggestions for Itinerary in Vernazza?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions for Itinerary in Vernazza?

Hello!
My husband and I have three nights planned in Vernazza at the tail end of our vacation this May. I have the other parts of our trip thoroughly planned but nothing for the CT. I thought we could just explore the towns, do some hiking and enjoy the local food and wine. Any suggestions for tours or places not to miss? Otherwise, we may just wing it. I really appreciate your input! Grazie!
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM

<<I thought we could just explore the towns, do some hiking and enjoy the local food and wine.>>

That's a perfect plan for the area. Be sure to take the public boat also- the views of the towns are nice from the boat. If you feel you need more to explore, take a boat to Portoverne or a train to Camogli.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM

Boat ride is definitely worth it, and not too expensive. For hiking/walking, I recommend the paved portion of VIa Del Amore, but not the unpaved part of the trail unless your're in very good shape - and don't fall! The paved portion is from Rimaggiore to Manarola if I remember..very romantic stroll with great views.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:07 PM

If winds are high and the seas respond you may not be able to get about by boat, although it is a lovely way to see the towns in CT. the hop on hop off train is equally convenient.Goes back and forth from top to bottom regularly and is a good price. The walk from Manerola to RioMaggiore is about 20 minutes and spectacular. Have been there 2 times and loved every minute, even a cloud burst that required begging a garbage bag from a bar to cover me!! Looked the fool but it saved the day. 2nd trip had a small plastic poncho in my pocket from dollar store. worked even better but still looked silly!! Such is sea coast life and a small price to pay for the wonders!!
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:42 PM

And if three whole days in the Cinque Terre can get boring as it may to some then hop the train to day trip out of the 5 Lands to places like Portofino (train to S M Ligure then walk, bus or boat the few miles to this famous seaside town or day trip along the coast north of the Cinque Terre (and if rainy and trails are muddy or closed due to landslides as has been the case at times in the near past...