7 day Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean

Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 day Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean

There are 2 formal nights. Sayiing suits or tuxes. How strict are these rules? Sport coat and dress pants ok?
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:10 AM

They are not strict at all. As long as you have a jacket on in the dining room it is just fine. They don't really enforce that now either but you will feel more comfortable if you do wear a jacket.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM

A long-sleeve shirt and a tie for a man, any nice outfit for a woman. What do you think, they won't feed you without a tux?

We just came back from RCI Caribbean cruise. The only person in a suit was the maitre'D
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 06:05 AM

As long as it's not jeans, your OK. Remember that it's your vacation--wear what makes YOU comfortable. Sport coat and dress pants are just fine.

Have a great cruise!
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 10:23 PM

I have seen men weaing nice pair of designer jeans with a blazer and no one was asked to leave. Shorts, on the other hand, are not recommended for formal nights. For whatever little space a pair of dress pants took up, bring one. Just remember you won't meet any of those people on baord ever again so if you wear the same shirt, tie and pants twice or even every day, no one would know or care.
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 05:22 AM

Me and my wife dressed up really formal attire, and was tagged GENTLEMAN on coat lapel by the staff. I liked it.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 06:00 AM

Royal Caribbean are not as strict as some cruise lines, but to be honest, the majority of people will make an effort.As long as you look relatively smart, then you should be alright.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 01:40 AM

Sports coat and slacks are ok, but is your goal to do the least with which you can get by without being asked to leave the main dining room, or to indicate you are not out of your league? I've seen special folks really dress down for dinner, doubtless sometimes to stick it to the man and make a statement: "mommy, mommy look at me!" A long sleeve "collared" shirt and necktie complete the look and are easy to pack and configure.

You might also try the Windjammer or a specialty restaurant on those nights. I don't want to sound critical. Packing for formal nights can be a burden, especially two or more nights for a family. Think steamer trunk for the formalwear alone. We[family with 3 teenage girls] are going next month and I tire thinking about the arrangements to move luggage, though it is nice that they will wear those expensive dresses and gowns one more time.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

We had a great time on this cruise. Royal Carribean "Brilliance of the Sea" You are right about the dress code. We saw a little bit of everything. Each Island had something very fun to do and people were friendly - except for Guadalupe. It was unfriendly and expensive - Euro. Would not recommend that island.