Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ideas for 6 nights Venice, 3 Vicenza, & 4 Milan

Search

Ideas for 6 nights Venice, 3 Vicenza, & 4 Milan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kk, we visited La Rotunda as a Sunday day trip from Verona. We took a cab to it from the train station but neglected to ask him to return. We ended up taking a bus illegally as we couldn't find a way to buy a ticket! I wouldn't miss this place but do go forewarned!
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM
kk
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, everyone. I'm sure we need to stay 14 weeks, not days! I debated what smaller town to stay in between Venice and Milan. Vicenza beat out Verona because of my decade-long desire to see Palladio's villas. And then learning that the heart of old Vicenza had his architecture as well....that sealed it. I'm pretty sure we will be returning anon to Italy, so Verona and Bologna and Ravenna may be in the next trip. And of course a return to Florence! Ooh, it's endless. Now, if money only did grow on trees!
Tarquin, I have dark auburn hair with bold blonde streaks in the front, and I'm tall. Per your suggestion, we asked for and got a room overlooking the street. We may bump into each other, just watch out for my crazy hair and come up and say HI!