Salta to Iguassu and Salta to Mendoza by Air

Old Jul 30th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salta to Iguassu and Salta to Mendoza by Air

Hello.

I am interested in flying between Salta and Iguassu and Salta and Mendoza. The airfares are EXTREMELY high. Any thoughts on how to purchase reasonably price airline tickets for these routes? I was able to get Buenos Aires to Salta roundtrip on LAN Argentina using my American Advantage miles during the month of November. This will be my second trip to Argentina.

Thanks in advance!!!

Ross
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 06:57 AM

Combine these flights with your international ticket (if any).
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM

WE flew from BA to Salta and then our guide in Salta suggested the overnight bus to Mendoza - the bus was first class all the way - seats that reclined into beds, meal service and our own TV -the arrangement of the bus seats are staggered so they seem like a private "room". If I remember we left Salta just before dinner and arrived in Mendoza early in the morning. Seemed like a much better idea than flying to Mendoza via Salta to BA and then back to Mendoza - Happy Travels
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Another vote for the bus! We spent 5 months in South America travelling almost exclusively by bus. The services are reliable, extremely comfortable in Ejecutivo class and around one third the cost of the airfare plus you save on the cost of accommodation as long trips are scheduled overnight. Mendoza to Salta was a diddle but Salta to Iguazu was our longest trip at around 20 hours which, although not as bad as it might sound, is one route you may wish to consider flying. Tickets are easy to arrange a couple of days in advance at the bust station or, I believe you can now book online.
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM

Hi, newyorkais35; As Crellston said, buses are reliable, comfortable, and usually in time. Use the overnight buses and you will be ok. Take at least five days for the NW. You have lot to see and enjoy in this area. Food, wine, weather, History, architecture, alfajores!!!!!
Take your time and enjoy!
Warm regards,
Angie/Flintstones