Search

Weather Worries

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather Worries

Ok Fellow Beach Heads, Im trying to plan family vacation in late Nov. early Dec. We live in Denver so, takes us an entire day to get to the Carribbean. I thought the Bahamas would be a wise choice as it is an hour or so out of Fla. But I'm a bit worried that the temp. may be a bit cool. Thinking I should go further South, Turks and Caicos?? There are 7 adults and three little ones 5, 2, and 6 months so I'm trying to keep our travel time to a minimum. Perhaps I'm worrying needlessly about the weather. Any suggestions?? Thanks
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM

Turks is only 1.5 hours from Miami, if that helps. And we had the best weather 2nd week last November of ANY Caribbean vacation we've had in many years. Loved the island. Think it would be perfect for a family vacation, but it's pricey.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
KVR

I think the Bahamas will be too cool. We have gone to Mexico for the past several years in a Nov/Dec and the pools are too cool for me to swim in. The ocean temps are fine. The further away you get from the US, the warmer it will be.

We went to Jamaica this past December and the weather was perfect. Like Spring in Texas. Not too hot, not too cold. Pool temps just fine.

I've only been to T & C in a May and had excellant weather. We are headed to Barbados this November. Have been to Grand Cayman in a November and weather was just fine. Went to St. Lucia in a November and it rained for most of the trip.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:44 PM

We have been to Turks & Caicos over Thanksgiving and LOVED it ! Excellent weather! (and nice & warm)
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the helpful info. Any suggestions where to stay? May want a condo, or vacation home. Prefer to be on the calm side of the island so the little guys can enjoy the ocean.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM

For a 1st time on Island , stay on Grace Bay . You can always go to other beaches to visit. Most resorts are on Grace Bay, lots of restaurants and condos in every price range. Look at The Somerset, Regent Palms or The Sands --all great resort condos and excellent pools for young children.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 02:56 AM

@Tigeress and all people thanks for this information, actually i was here to post a suggestion but i found here more better options than me. So, i decided to thank you all people for this thread and posts.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Again thanks to all of of you. Can always count on this forum for helpful info.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM

We stayed at THe West Bay Club, which is at the far end of Grace Beach. The accommodations are gorgeous, and the beach is much wider and less crowded than at some of the other resorts on Grace Bay. It's also less pricey than many other resorts.

The only problem is that you'll need a car or have to rely on taxis ( expensive!) to get around. But we really thought it was an excellent value. So much so that we're going back with the rest of our family in November.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
KVR

I agree with The Sands in T & C. Right in the heart of Grace Bay and very child friendly. Some units with full kitchens and screened in patios.