Agriturismo between Florence and Siena?

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agriturismo between Florence and Siena?

Hi there! Can anyone recommend an agriturismo between Florence and Siena but closer to Florence would be better.
we are a family of 4 looking for an agriturismo to relax and to visit Siena one day.
We would prefer a place that offers meals right on site.

Thank you so much!
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 10:28 AM

I found this place in my research for our family. http://www.fattoria-tregole.com/restaurant_chianti.php
It is in Chianti. We're not staying there as it didn't work with the rest of our travel plans but it gets lots of recs from people on these forums.
It has a restaurant and a "family" apartment.
You also might do a search on these forums, I found lots of great places.
Good Luck!
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

LauraLF: thank you ! It looks great, I might need to change my plans if I stay there since its closer to Siena. I would like to stay closer to Florence.

Does anyone know if Greve in Chianti is a good area to stay? It looks beautiful, but it also seems far from major roads. Another question...Do they usually (still )have snow around the first week of march? I researched the weather and it's around 50's. any help would be appreciated.

Looking for an working Agriturismo, where they serve meals and have working vineyards.

thank you
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 07:32 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Look at Albergo Casa Frassi in Castellina in Chianti, right off of the Chiantigiana, the scenic SR222 between Siena and Florence. Vineyards, animals, olive groves.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 07:50 AM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is where we stayed in 2005. Fodorite enzian stayed here in 2010 and said it was still a good place to stay. Seven pools and a Restaurant on site. It is closer to Siena, however. Price was inexpensive compared to many of the agriturismos in Tuscany.

http://www.mulinodiquercegrossa.it/

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM

Hi,
We are a family of four and have booked an apartment in Greve http://www.ownerdirect.com/vacation-...-pasta-factory
Friends stayed there and highly recommended it due to closeness to town & activities. Also proximity to both Florence and Siena. They had a fabulous stay and loved it.
Worth a look....