Apartments in Venice and Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My parents are celebrating 40 years of marriage next year, and I'm taking them on their first trip abroad. So far, we are planning to spend 3 nights in Venice (5/13 - 5/16) and 4 nights in Rome (5/16 - 5/20). We're also traveling with my aunt, so that makes us a party of 4 adults requiring 3 beds.

I was hoping to solicit recommendations for apartments for both Venice and Rome that meet the following requirements:

At least 2 bedrooms and 3 beds.
Budget <200 euros per night.
Air conditioning.
Bedrooms are quiet as we're all light sleepers.

I've been to Rome before, and I used sleepinitaly, so I'm quite comfortable with them, but I always like to hear personal recommendations as the site doesn't include reviews. I'm looking forward to reading your responses.

Thanks!
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 08:45 AM

Slowtrav is the best source for independent Italian apartment rental reviews. It is just different people's opiions on various apartments they have rented and has no affiliation with any agency or apartments though they do have classified ads from most rental agencies. A number (though not all) of SleepInItaly's apartments are reviewed there. Here are reviews of many specific apartments from various agencies in both cities.

http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/list.asp?r=Venice

http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/list.asp?r=Rome
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM

I can recommend the apartment Via Germanico throught SleepinItaly. It is large and has everything - 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, kitchen, etc. I think it is within your budget. I also loved an apartment we rented in Venice. It was called I Pugni but I cannot remember the company. You can google it. It is a great location. It has two bedrooms and a nice new bathroom. Good luck!
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM

Me, again. The aparment in Venice is Ai Pugni and you can find it at Palazzo Foscarini as the website. Loved it and loved Via Germanico!
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I'll look into your suggestions.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM

We rented this apartment for 2 weeks in Venice - 2 bedrooms with double beds and one bedroom with twin beds. Great location

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/ren...,-veneto/31744
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM

Loved Sleep in Italy - had an apartment right near the Trevi Fountain. There were six adults - one of the rooms was quite small though and that couple was not as happy as the rest of us. We loved that it was so much cheaper than a hotel and that we could make our own breakfast.
Only problem was that we almost missed our train as the person from Sleep in Italy who was meeting us to "check out" and give us our deposit back was very late. It was a mad scramble to get to the train station and then the train - we had one minute to spare.
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Any others?
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 02:58 AM

I recommend www.domusintl.com for ROme,we used them and they are great, professional and "what you see is what you get" type of thing. Pricewise also more convenient than others we contacted.
For Venice we used www.trulyveniceapartments.it and we had an excellent experience, very clean and central apartment.
However slow travel is a great machine for getting a comparison, that's where we read some not so good things about sleep in italy, so i'd be careful