Our Week in Paris

Search

Our Week in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our Week in Paris

We spent October 2 to 9 in Paris in a great little studio from Paris Best Lodge.

Here's my blog entries and pictures for anyone who has lots of time on their hands!

http://thisoldbroadsblog.blogspot.com/

Man, I love Paris! Can't wait to go back in May with our grandson to see it through his eyes.

Jo
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 11:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ttt for later.
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 11:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
You made excellent use of your time in Paris!
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Kerouac, I still haven't posted our last day, where we roamed the backstreets of Montmartre, took in the vendage, metroed over to the Trocadero so Den could take in his obligatory ET pics, went to the Carrousel du Louvre to escape the rain and saw the moving tribute to Steve Jobs at the Apple store and then walked to our last dinner at a little bistro in the 1st called Au Vieux Comptoir. What can I say........another day centered around food, wine and walking. That's about all we ever do anymore, lol

Jo
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM

Great blog! I so enjoyed all the food. I got hungry just looking at the photos. Thanks! And yes, I do remember Marie's sculpture. LOL.
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Love your blog. I am staying in a Paris Best Lodge apartment for my first apartment rental ever in Paris; any specific comments about your experience with the apartment? Thierry has been fantastic to deal with, and I am really looking forward to my first non-hotel experience in Paris.

Also, thanks for getting my mouth watering in anticipation with your Chez L'Ami Jean photos; I'll be returning there in about two weeks.
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Fishskis, we have rented apartments every single trip to Paris except one where we got a really good package deal from Air Transat that had the hotel included (Quality Inn Abaca in the 15th, a neighbourhood I really fell in love with)

We love the freedom of being in an apartment and having kitchen facilities available to take advantage of all the wonderful market food in Paris. We lounge around in our pjs in the morning, have a second cup of coffee with our croissant or pain au chocolat, and often come back after a long day of walking and enjoy a glass of wine while making plans for dinner.

Most of the places we've rented also have washer/dryers so we are able to keep up on our laundry (I'd love to say that it helps us pack light, but we always seem to overestimate how much we will need, lol). There's also much more room than a hotel and you have a place to sit besides a bed.

It helps us pretend to be Parisian for a week or two and I think really adds to the experience of our trips. As long as you are not the type of person who needs a concierge to arrange reservations and give you advice all the time, I think an apartment is the perfect way (for us) to enjoy Paris.

Also, Thierry is very responsive if you do have any serious issues and will be available to you if you do need him. He is a joy to work with and a very caring, honest businessman who wants to ensure you have a great stay.

Have a great time!
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM

Well done. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM

I have always loved Paris. And I often browse trip reports, such as yours, to see if I could find people who loves Paris like I do. It's an enjoyable report and I could see we have the same likes about the city.
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 07:37 PM

Parisjo, Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Thierry has been great to deal with, and it nice to hear you have had such a good experience with him. I go to Paris often, and I enjoy staying in hotels; but this trip I am staying for two weeks, so I thought I would try the apartment route. I am also toying with the idea of renting an apartment for a month or two in the future, so this is a bit of a trial run for me.

Regarding the concierge comment, I do normally take advantage of their services, especially for restaurant reservations, but this trip I did it myself and also used my credit card's concierge service, which I had never done before, and has been great.

Thanks again for your post and your blog.
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 01:28 AM

JH2011 , Parisjo and I are both members of a board for people who especially love Paris and can't get their fill Always loads of good tips Try it as a guest and if you want to join in register

http://truffaut.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 03:59 AM

still reading...but love the bottles of rose I am seeing, so far! The trip looks great and have been intrigued by the park at Belleville (Kerouac did a great T/R on it last year). I wonder how it will be in November when we are there.
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 07:44 AM

Wonderful TR, blog arrangement and photos, ParisJo. While you are pondering what you want to do when you grow up, consider travel writing and photography!

Or, keep traveling while you have good feet.

Thanks for a super "visit"!
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

So while Den watches his beloved Lions this afternoon, I managed to finish up my last entry:

http://thisoldbroadsblog.blogspot.com/

Anyone looking for exciting stuff will be disappointed ~ as usual, we walk our little feet to the bone, eat, drink and walk again. Oh, and Den took pictures of the Eiffel Tower!

I'll try to do a wrap up post as well, we'll see how ambitious I am later.

Dudette, it's funny that you say that. Since I've been back, I've realized that planning our trips, taking them and then reporting on them are really my true passion in life (after my family, of course). I'm trying to figure out how I can make a living doing this ~ me and thousands of other would be bloggers and writers, lol.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Jo