Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

PUGLIA AND MATERA: FROM PANE DI ALTAMURA TO PEPERONI DI SENISE..

Search

PUGLIA AND MATERA: FROM PANE DI ALTAMURA TO PEPERONI DI SENISE..

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read your report. Note restaurants. Very helpful. Thank you.
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Eighteen years after my first foray to Matera, , D.Pergament and the NYTimes chime in on the glories of Lucania; I am due for another trip to top up my pantry with Senise peppers and to bask in the glories of this ethereal landscape.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/t...gtype=Homepage
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Eighteen years after my first foray to Matera, , D.Pergament and the NYTimes chime in on the glories of Lucania; I am due for another trip to top up my pantry with Senise peppers and to bask in the glories of this ethereal landscape.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/t...gtype=Homepage[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Serendipity!

I am planning a trip to the same region next April, and trawling through a lot of SHI**e to find some gold.

This trip report has appeared out of the depths of the Fodor's archives!

ekscrunchy: You mention a previous visit. Can you provide links from that, even if only planning and not a trip report.

Thank you! The travel friaries are shining their light on me

Regards … Ger
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by ekscrunchy

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/t...gtype=Homepage
I’ve been reading this thread and enjoying all of your details! I know it was a great visit.

We have decided to go spend 4 weeks in the Puglia/Basilicata region in February and March. I know it’s not the ideal weather but I believe there will be enough offsetting factors to make that a good decision and would love your take on this.

We love food, wine, history, architecture, hiking and will try to use public transport (trains and busses) when possible, rent a car for a few days when advisable, and try not to see too many different places. Like the now again appreciated slow food movement, we believe it is better to get a feel for life in fewer areas but with a bit more depth.

I would love to have your recommendations! We are flying in to Rome and after a few days there will take trains to the Puglia area and spend 4 weeks before probably flying back out of Bari to Rome and home.

Thanks, Philip
Old Apr 21st, 2023, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelon98
I’ve been reading this thread and enjoying all of your details! I know it was a great visit.

We have decided to go spend 4 weeks in the Puglia/Basilicata region in February and March. I know it’s not the ideal weather but I believe there will be enough offsetting factors to make that a good decision and would love your take on this.

We love food, wine, history, architecture, hiking and will try to use public transport (trains and busses) when possible, rent a car for a few days when advisable, and try not to see too many different places. Like the now again appreciated slow food movement, we believe it is better to get a feel for life in fewer areas but with a bit more depth.

I would love to have your recommendations! We are flying in to Rome and after a few days there will take trains to the Puglia area and spend 4 weeks before probably flying back out of Bari to Rome and home.

Thanks, Philip

I'm topping this because it was difficult to find and I do not want to lose it...I think I might do this with any old reports that I wrote, unless I can learn how to find them with a Fodor's search.
Old Jul 28th, 2023, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Bringing up again to help me with upcoming trip..