Question on buying ticket for Turkish Airline

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been trying to buy a ticket from Kayeri to IST on the turkish airline website (thy.com), but it keeps on rejecting my credit card transaction. I have no problem paying cc on the pegasus web site, but thy has a better flight schedule back to IST from Kaseri on 5/20/11.

Would it be easy for me to wait until I get to IST to buy my thy ticket ? I guess I can stop my any travel agency there or if thy has its own office around the old city area?

Also, is it possible to sleep overnight at Aturak airport? There's one Pegaus flight form Kayesri to IST (via Izmir) on 5/20 but it arrives in IST at around 11pm. I have a flight home to the U.S the next day at 6AM. If I take this late flight then I don't need to book a hotel room for one night and just sleep at the airport until the next morning. Is this possible?

Thanks.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I cannot understand why THY rejects your cc. You can buy ticket at any agency, but the price may have gone up by the time you get here as the early tickets are sold cheaper.

You can sleep at the airport on an arm chair in one of the lounges if you're flying business. Otherwise, paying for a lounge will still be cheaper than a hotel. Ataturk airport hotel is handy but not cheap. There are not many chairs at the airport and they are just hard plastic.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM

Have you tried calling Turkish to book the tickets? That's what I did last year when I had some questions re: booking via the web site, and everything worked just fine.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:57 PM

I did not have that problem. But everyone from the States has that problem with RENFE, the Spanish railroad. Call your credit card comapny and tell them the issue,
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:43 PM

We had the same problem for Istanbul to Nevsehir and called the airlines. They told us to call our bank because it might be refusing the international charge for security reasons. Before calling, we tried a different credit card and it finally worked.