Barcelona-where to stay?

Search

Barcelona-where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona-where to stay?

any idea on a hotel around E 100 /120? nice, modern, clean in a nice area.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM

Andrea, the orange tag indicates a trip report ..

if you go to
Search and type in Barcelona hotels under Search Forum
you might find what you are looking for.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 01:43 PM

I like the Eixample neighbourhood. It's upscale, has interesting architecture, is adjacent to the touristy lower part of the Ramblas (convenient) but doesn't get the same number of scam artists or level of crowds. Some Spanish or European chains worth checking out are: Derby, Roommate, H10 and NH chains. I've stayed in the Derby Astoria (good value around 105 euros) in Barcelona, NH Calderon in Barcelona and H10 hotels elsewhere in Spain. The Roommate hotels look very stylish, with good prices, but you'll want to double-check the safety of the neighbourhoods in which they're located.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM

Hi Andrea,

We just returned from the Costa Brava and Barcelona two weeks ago. We stayed in The Eixample, as frogoutofwater recommends, at the Hotel Barcelona Center for the last 4 nights. Here's a link.

http://www.hotelcenterbarcelona.com/

The website isn't great, but the hotel is well-located, clean, with spacious rooms, a nice buffet breakfast, and a rooftop lounge with bar, sundeck, fitness center and spa. The staff were all very nice - especially comforting when my wife and I were very worried that my 23 YO daughter and her friend hadn't returned from a night of partying by 10:30 AM. (They waltzed in at about 10:45, having be-friended a bunch of locals and ended-up at an after-hours club on the other side of the city - it's definitely a big party town!)

This hotel should fit you criteria well, have a great time.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 03:53 AM

Hello,

It would actually depends on what you are looking for.

Las Ramblas are pretty busy (day and night) very central, but as well quite noisy.

But you can find good place in the Barrio Gotico.

Las Ramblas are in the middle of 2 areas ( Barrio Gotico and Raval). Raval is a pretty cheap area, and Barrio Gotico is a bit quieter but still typical.

Then there is the Born, which is one of the favorite tourist area. Probably the nicest part of the Ciutat Vella (historical center) with lot of good restaurants and nice bar.

If you are looking for quietness, Eixample, is a good choice, and finally Passeig de Gracia, if you'd like to stay in a "Chic" area.
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 03:54 AM

Hello,

It would actually depends on what you are looking for.

Las Ramblas are pretty busy (day and night) very central, but as well quite noisy.

But you can find good place in the Barrio Gotico.

Las Ramblas are in the middle of 2 areas ( Barrio Gotico and Raval). Raval is a pretty cheap area, and Barrio Gotico is a bit quieter but still typical.

Then there is the Born, which is one of the favorite tourist area. Probably the nicest part of the Ciutat Vella (historical center) with lot of good restaurants and nice bar.

If you are looking for quietness, Eixample, is a good choice, and finally Passeig de Gracia, if you'd like to stay in a "Chic" area.
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 05:19 AM

Hi Michael How are you ? You seem to know alot about Barcelon? I'm going on a trip in July 1 week on a cruise and then returning for a week in the old town quarter area via laetana. Besides the main areas in the city i would like to go to sitges, costa brava and possibly monserrat and pyrenes. I was doing some research and it seems they are all doable from the city as day trips? i also see that they can all be reached by train or bus? would you know what trains or buses to take? etc? any input is much appreciated