Airfare help open jaw washington to venice and dubrovnik to washington

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi finally getting around very late due to travel plans for summer. Would like to fly from either DC, or Philly to Venice and then return to either from Dubrovnik ( mid July and return first week of August). Looking at flying direct to London and then Easy Jet to Venice and Easy Jet back from Dubrovnik. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Trying to combine Venice with Croatia. Have already traveled in Italy to Rome, Milan, Marche so not as interested in going from Bari or Ancona.
Thanks in advance
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:57 AM

You could always check the open jaw options first, because if you don't get a super deal on London it may work out just as well. (Try BA and kayak)
whichbudget website is great
I have had good luck with http://www.croatiatravel.com/
good luck!
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:57 AM

Not sure what you are asking as you can price the open jaw flights on the major travel sites as well as individual airline sites.

Some airlines (like Delta) fly into Venice direct from the USA so you would not have to fly into London and connect on EasyJet though that is an option.

Your post is confusing though so not sure what you are asking.
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:28 AM

I can't tell from your post if you are just passing through London or will be staying. If you fly EasyJet and then connect you will have to claim and recheck your bag yourself.
EasyJet will not tag it to your final destination.
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM

what does "open jaw" mean, doesn't that simply mean for example, going to united or us airways and picking "multi-cities"?
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM

"Open jaw" is another term for multi-city.

I'm also confused about what anneharm is actually asking, but will suggest using kayak.com to search for multi-city option for the various possibilities.
Old May 11th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Sorry question was confusing. No we do not need to go through London just trying to find most affordable way to do trip and would like to leave from airport anywhere near DC and arrive in Venice and then return from Dubrovnik to DC so we do not have to back track. Airfares not so great this summer.Looking at a nonstop with USAIR from Philly to Venice for $1100 each not bad but would have to back track. Also looking at BA Dulles to Venice and then Dubrovnik to Dulles but requires overnight for connection on return and is $1400. Looked at Aer Lingus and Easy Jet and Ryannair but getting frustated. Travel is mid week July 20 to mid week august 10 with flexibility. Had better luck with turkey a few years ago using an agent in Turkey for Onur Air so may try an agent. If anyone has any other ideas would love to hear them and thanks for above.
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:45 AM

Looking at schedules a few weeks ago, I noticed those unfortunate connections when returning from Dubrovnik. Would you get a better schedule if you reversed your trip and flew from home to Dubrovnik and returned Venice to home?
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:02 AM

Unfortunately Dobrovnik isn't a major international air hub, so it doesn't offer a lot of options or feature a lot of good airfare deals.
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:26 AM

When you are looking at pricing on the major sites, I would suggest that you consider booking this all on one ticket and not breaking it up with the independent carriers (Easyjet, etc.). With all of the volcano activity, strikes, etc. personally I would be more comfortable knowing that if something happens I will not have to purchase another ticket to get home due to a missed connection. For example, if ash closes the airport where your Easyjet flight starts and you miss the connection at London (or wherever) then you are out of luck if that airport is open. If you stay with one carrier than they will reschedule for you at no charge. It's just something to think about.
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:51 AM

Just above 1000 is a fantastic fare for mid summer! I can't see how you could do much better really.
Also, Lynnaustin makes a really good point.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM

I'm also trying to plan a multi-city trip and my usual sites for flights aren't nearly as helpful as I'd hoped. Want to book all at once because of the chance of volcanic activity, otherwise, it wouldn't be too difficult!

I need to fly Newark to Dublin, Dublin to Naples or Rome and back to Newark...never thought it would be so tough finding flights! I don't think it's possible though on one carrier...maybe partners (?) but I think AerLingus is the only Dublin-Italy choice and they no longer fly out of Newark. Any ideas for great sites to search for multi-leg trips would be much appreciated!
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:29 AM

Search Farecompare.com, mobissimo.com, vayama.com, and???