Search

adventures abroad

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adventures abroad

Has anyone used Adventures Abroad for a trip? I received information for a trip to Morocco that looked interesting and I'm looking for info about them. Thanks--
Old May 4th, 2010, 04:14 AM

I've been looking at a trip of theirs to India next year. Have found not a ton of info but here's a forum with several threads about trips with AA.

http://www.intltravelnews.com/forum/

The reviews I have been able to find seem entirely positive. One fault mentioned a few times is that they cancel if not enough sign up - but I think it's a low number that's needed - maybe 8? Almost all tour companies do that so not sure that should be considered a flaw.

We're going to Morocco next week - using Journey Beyond Travel. I'll be writing about the experience when we return.
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Almost all tour companies do that" - well, no. Or certainly not with 8 booked. I do know of a couple that always charge more if the numbers are lower, but that's listed in their catalogs. The outfits I generally look at - Intrepid, Peregrine, Explore! etc - typically list their departures as guaranteed to go. Any company you're seriously considering should say up front whether or not their departures are guaranteed, and how late in the process they might cancel if not.
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:20 AM

Good to know - I've not found that with companies I've looked at. Ones I've made inquiries with or used required a minimum of 8 for what was considered small-group travel of 16 max.
I'll have to keep the ones you mentioned in mind when trying to find a group tour in the future.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 08:11 PM

My husband and I took our two grand daughters, aged 14 and 15. to Egypt for two weeks and have only praises for Adventures Abroad. The first surprise was the discount for up to 15 years old of 1/2 off the land price. Since we had heard about baksheesh in Egypt and how you would have to pay everyone for every minor service, we were somewhat stressed. However, the tour guide paid all tips and the only one we were responsible for was the tip for our guide. What a relief.
The group was small, only nine people, and we were on the Nile every day. I had an unusual request to find the childhood home of a friend in Cairo so I could take some pictures of it. The guide arranged transportation by hotel limousine the last day and we went exploring Cairo with a friend she had contacted to help us in our quest. I am looking for a trip next year via Adventures Abroad and am sure the expertise of the guide and the experience will equal that of our first trip.
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM

eezam....I'm looking at that same trip to Morocco with Adventures Abroad for October,2011. I requested the names of prior clients who had taken that tour and I spoke at length with both ladies. They gave extremely specific and laudatory comments about the Morocco tour and about Adventures Abroad. I believe that they each planned to travel again with the company. They took the tour on different dates, so I was able to get experiences relative to more than one departure date.
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 02:56 PM

Anyone else have information about AA? I am considering them for a trip to West Africa. I just do not want to do WA independently and their trip is exactly what I would like.
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM

I've noted the interest in receiving comments about Adventures Abroad and specifically the West Africa trip. Over the last 15 years I have done many trips with AA and in fact have already signed up for my 26th and 27th trips this fall. That in itself should tell of my total satisfaction with the company. With regards to the West Africa trip, Claude in all probability would be your guide and he has led this trip innumerable times, is totally familiar with all aspects of it and very capable of handling any problems that might come up on a destination like this. I myself did this trip some 5 or 6 years ago.
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 01:17 PM

Thanks, Kenneth, for your report. We have signed up for the West Africa trip and paid the deposit.