Search

Trafalger tours

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trafalger tours

We are thinking of a tour of Europe with them.I t seems ok ,but would like thoughts, comments for those with experience. Many thanks.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Do you want a response on Trafalgar generally or on a specific tour. If the later, then please give a link to the tour. Many people here can comment on the tour you have in mind w/o having taken a Trafalgar tour. Personally, I like Grand Circle Tours for their multi-night stays and leisurely pace. I also like the lectures they offer and the home hosted dinners.

What are you looking for in a tour? Low price, leisurely pace, other?
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

General comments would be fine, however, specfics for the tour would be great. Its called the "Imperial Europe 2010. Munich, Prague,Budapest, Vienna. 11 days. Shows good hotels.

Cost is not the factor. Upscale is fine with us, but haven't found one that fits what we want. I will now check out Grand circle tours.
Thanks.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 03:03 PM

What do you want in a tour? I think 11 days is too short a tour for 4 wonderful cities. When tours state the duration is 11 days they count travel days so you will only have 9 days on the ground.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM

I've looked at the Imperial Europe tour. Here are my comments:

1/2 day Munich
1 day Prague
1 day Budapest
1 to 1.5 days Vienna
Danube cruise/Melk

It looks like there is very little sightseeing. Read the "what's included" section. See mean just that - you're gonna look at something. Visit mean that you will go inside. It appears that most of this tour is "seeing," such as in Budapest. There are no visits here. In Vienna you're seeing the sights, not visiting them.

Some people enjoy zooming past sights but in your other thread you stated that you normally travel on your own and that intimates you are used to exploring and going into places. If it were my money, I would give this tour a miss.

You can also check Colette, Tauck, and Abercrombie & Kent if money is not a factor.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM

11 days is way too short for that itinerary. If you want upscale have a look at Tauck- better, more central hotels and usually fewer hotel meals (so you can eat more real llocal food yourself). For those 4 cities though i would consider 15 days a rush.