Search

4-5 days in Peru - need help with itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4-5 days in Peru - need help with itinerary

Hi all,

I plan to fly to Peru after my cruise ends in Santiago on Tuesday, Jan 5th 2010. I have to fly back home (US) on Jan 10th, 2010. Starting the 6th, I am hoping to see Machu Picchu and perhaps something like the Nazca lines, etc.

I have limited interested in Machu Picchu and would like to do a day trip by train from Cuzco. Would it be better to fly into Cuzco from Santiago to save time? Or would it be better to do Nazca first?

Once in Nazca, how long does it take to fly over the Nazca lines? I would like to see the Chauchilla Cemetery near Nazca.

I plan to end the trip in Lima and fly out of there on Sunday, Jan 10th.

Can someone help me plan this? Also, would you know a travel agent who can arrange this for me?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 06:14 PM

Who is arranging your cruise? You might see if they can add the flight from Santiago to Lima on to your arrangements. A one=way ticket is going to cost you an arm and a leg.

You can book the flights from Lima to Cuzco return online easily yourself, as well as the train tickets to MP.

There are many trip reports with travel agents recommended here, although I think that oneway leg is going to be a shocker.
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:21 AM

I used Peru Best Tours and they did a great job. I don't think you can get a direct flight from Santiago to Cusco. You'll have to change planes and go through customs in Lima (I think).

The flight over the Nazca lines take about 40 minutes. You can do a day trip from Lima to Nazca (including the Ballista Islands), but it is a long day. I don't know where or how long the cemetery would take.
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM

I was in Peru in early Oct and we did the day trip from Lima to Nazca. We left very early in the morning (like 6 am I think) and drove several hours by private car (not bus) to Nazca and returned to Lima by 7 or 8 that evening.

After a flight over the Nazca lines we had lunch at a nearby resort hotel ('Dunes' I think)and then took a dune buggy ride and tried sandboarding. All arrangements were made with our tour company Kuoda (Jole, our booking agent was great and you can contact her through www.kuodatours.com).

Working on my trip report and sorting photos for posting. Will post both within the next 10 days, but wanted to answer your quick question first.
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM

Try
WWW.LANPERU.COM
WWW.STARPERU.COM
WWW.PERUTOURISTINFORMATION.COM
WWW.TACA.COM
WWW.CRUZDELSUR.COM.PE
You have short time to do it both
Lima / Cusco eave early and last one leave at 14.00 p.m
Cusco / Machupicchu / Cusco train leave at 05.50 a.m
Cusco / Lima try firts one once arrive can go to the bus terminal and go to Nasca 460 kms = 6 hrs trip