Rockland, Maine Information

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had so much good advice from these boards on my previous trips to France, Belgium, Greece, NYC and California that its been fun this week helping folks with plans to come to my backyard. In today's Portland Press Herald there is a nice article about Rockland's renaissance and some nice new restaurants. Here's the link for anyone who is interested: http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/st...262528&ac=Food.

Rockland used to be a real working waterfront town, and it still is. But it has plenty to offer more upscale tourists with all kinds of tastes. Enjoy!
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Thanks a lot it was great. I would appreciate any others you want to post
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 05:59 AM

great info. I also would appreciate any more info you have on the area. thanks a lot.
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM

I have lived in the area for 37 years and you will love your trip here. There are several restaurants in the area that you shouldn't miss. One is Amalfi on the Water. If you are interested in Mexican, the Sun Fire Grill is great and Rustica has some of the best Italian food I have tasted. For a quick breakfast or lunch, the Brass Compass on Main street is a must. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 07:09 AM

Wow, CindyJ. . . your timing couldn't be any better! My husband and I are thinking of going to Rockland for an overnight stay away from our kiddos while doing a week long family vacation in Maine in August! We've been to Rockland once to eat at Primo (fantastic!), but wanted to go back to do some more exploring. If we were to spend the day/night in Rockland, how would you set up the itinerary (what to see/do besides eat at all the great local restaurants)? Also, can you recommend a good B&B in town? Many thanks!