Saint Petersburg guide

Search

Saint Petersburg guide

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saint Petersburg guide

we are off to SPB end of Aug...Looking for a good, but reasonably priced guide , with good english. Probably 2-3 days. What should we expect to pay? Any names and contact info appreciated. We are usually don't tour in groups, but a small group would be accepteable. Other tips from recent SPB travelers welcomed. Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:26 PM

We going to SPB in July on a Baltic cruise. I can tell you there is a lot of discussion about guides on www.cruisecritic.com so if you haven't already looked there it's a good resource. Free to sign up to be able to post on the Boards and they have a specific Northern Europe/Baltic board.

We booked with Denrus for a private tour. There will be six of us. Companies recommended to me by our TA were Denrus, Alla, and Red October. You can find all of their websites by simply doing a google search.

Hope this helps
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:39 PM

In addition to those companies mentioned by patandhank, I recommend Anastasia:

http://www.anastasiaworld.com/

We made a highly personalized tour with her, and it was absolutely perfect.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:47 PM

Hi
I just came back from Russia. Two of us used Finnsov Tours in Helsinki to set up our tour which consisted of just the two of us a guide and a driver. We had a great guide named Larisa Golubeva who spoke perfect english from St. Petersburg. I highly suggest her. We went in by train from Helsinki. It was a 3 day tour and we set it up with Sanna from Finnsov.
Have fun as St. petersburg is a beautiful city and in August it is light almost all night.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 01:52 PM

Two of us will be in SPB on Aug 9 and 10-2010. Would like to hook up with other people for a private 2-day city tour to lower the cost. I was quoted ~1200 USD for the tour. It's probably higher if more folks join in but per person cost should be lower.
patandhank, Could you tell me how much it cost your party of 6?
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM

We, a group of 4, but 6 would easily fit in their mini-van, had a wonderful 2 1/2 days in St. Petersburg with Julia & Vladimir. They took us to many of the major sights and several we would have not gotten to in a larger group. Also, Julia has been a guide for so long that she knows many of the attendants and can get a small group into places without waiting for the larger groups to clear the entrances.

The cost, including all admissions, lunch in typical, not touristic restaurants, and ballet in Katherine's private theater, was about Euro 550 per couple.

Julia can be reached at [email protected]. the website is www.spbwuondertour.com. Her phone is +7-921-324-46-40. But, be certain, if you leave a message, to remind her of the time difference to your home.
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 10:00 AM

Noting all this good info. Jeff, I just sent an email to [email protected] (I clicked on your link) and it bounced back. The website no longer exists either. Any new info? Jeff and Kappy, did you need to get individual visas or did the guides provide some kind of visa waiver documents?
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 07:17 AM

Robbie,

I'm sorry, but that is the latest information I have.

Jeff