Another trip report with pictures Turks and Caicos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just returned again, from my obssession, Turks and Caicos. this was a last minute short trip without hubby, but I figured short is better than none at all.

I stayed at the new Gansevoort Wymara. It is a gorgeous new resort, that actually blends different things well. For example, the music played at the pool sets ambience, yet kids love the pool. It's modern, yet comfortable. chic and pretty, yet has an excellent kid's club. The bathrooms are like a Kohler commercial: water falls from the ceiling to fill the tub, and the showers are rows of sprays like rain. The colors are fantastic, white couches with huge prints of the gorgeous local beaches on the walls.

Dinners were short but sweet. Wed night ribs at Tiki hut always please the kids. Thursday night was Hemmingways, were we ate with most of the "Destination Experts" from Tripadvisor. Was trully a fun time. Friday night I ate at Gansevoort. It was good, and service was excellent. Because of the newness of the place, I did have to scrutinize the bills there, as there were some confusions. Things were cleared up quickly and pleasantly, service is eager to please. Sat. had tapas at O'Soleil.

The only excursion this time was all day Caicos Dream Tours. All day wasn't enough! Some of the Destination Experts joined us. Snorkeled the reef, dove for conch. Had picnic at Ft. George with conch salad, bbq chicken, corn on cob, chocolate chip brownies. I couldn't tell you if it was terrific because of the food, the setting or the company--it just was. After, went to other side of Ft. George to snorkel for sand dollars, then off to Half Moon Bay. An excellent day and highly recommended!

Some pictures of the short, but sweet trip:

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Wow! Love the resort and the photo entitled "do you ever get tired of this"..... no, never ever
Your daughter is one lucky lady!
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Outstanding photos, as always! Thanks for sharing blamona! Just looking at the lovely water was refreshing on this hot, muggy day at home.
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Great photos...is Somerset still your favorite???
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:33 AM

Blamona, where is the gansevoort? I didn't even know there was one on the island? it didn't come up in my research when i looked into where to stay. how would you compare it to the other high end resorts?
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 04:36 AM

I love your pics! gorgeous and your daughter is beautiful!
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 06:16 AM

The Gansevort is the "chain or Mgmt. company " that runs the Wymara , so search that way..under Wymara. It is located just past T&C Club next to West Bay Club . It is next door to the new huge childrens park..a negative I feel !!
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 02:04 PM

Beautiful pictures (are you a professional photographer?!), you're daughters are adorable! Thank you for sharing, I appreciate all the pictues, helps people like me who are still searching for THE place to stay for a nice, relaxing, enjoyable vacation!

I'm curious too....is Somerset still your fav?
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Caribzack, the huge children's park is usually empty! the kid's club has treasure hunts there.

Gansevoort compared to other high end resorts? The rooms are extremely nice. I usually don't go for the modern look, but it really grew on me. I find it to be very chic, with a South Beach vibe. I feel that all the resorts in Provo are nice, they just have different ambiences.

I wish I were a professional photographer-thanks for the compliment.

Somerset is still my favorite! I did love Gansevoort, and I loved Windsong, and West Bay Club and Turks and Caicos Club. Really there's not a bad place to stay, it's what you can afford at the time! ;-)
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 05:19 PM

Beautiful pictures. The contrast of the blues, water against sky, is really amazing.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:05 AM

Another trip to T&C? You are one lucky lady! Enjoyed viewing your photos, too.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 11:03 AM

Great pics...my husband and I are going on 5/23 to the Windsong and we can't wait! Thanks for sharing these!
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM

Blamona,
How was the service at Gansevoort?
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:26 AM

Great pics and report as always!! Makes me even more anxious for my trip...
Old May 1st, 2009, 09:07 AM

Amazing photos -as always!
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

cookbound: I found the service to be extremely pleasant and eager to please, on top of being very good looking! There were some mistakes (confusions over offerings, or prices, etc) but it was resolved quickly and pleasantly--to be expected during first openings.

Mikster: I have stayed at windsong and loved it. If you have oceanfront room, hope to get a corner unit--the sliding glass doors open up to give the feeling of being outside-gorgeous!
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:23 AM

Blamona, you really got my attention now....good looking eh? That's always a plus in my book! Seriously, thanks, I can't believe I'm waivering so long on making a decision on where to stay. They are offering a great special I'm seriously considering it....but then you and Caribzack really are adament about Somerset, I gotta just make a decision already!
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Blamona,
How do you post photos on this site? never done it before, thanks for any info. would like to share my t&c pictures.
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

palmtree2384: I use photobucket.com. I like the slideshow format, but you can also just leave it as just pictures. They have links to click on to "share" or you can copy and paste.

Others have had tremendous luck with shutterfly.com also.

Let me know when you post them, I would love to see them.
Old May 10th, 2009, 07:40 AM

Great photos, thank you!

Now, I'm really confused about where to stay this summer. I have to add Gansevoort to my current "list to consider" Somerset, Point Grace, Regent Palms. Maybe I should split my two weeks and do one week at one resort and a week at another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -